Forum Index > Trip Reports > North Ridge, Mt. Clifty & Lookout Mt. 2020-06-14
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mountainflamingo

mountainflamingo
PostSat Jun 20, 2020 10:20 am 
NF-41 (Cabin Creek) Road was in terrible shape so we abandoned going in via Blazed Ridge to the NE. We drove around to NF-33, which is in great shape, and took it to its gated end, about 20 miles from I-90 exit 93. A few miles of walking on the road took us a small spur where we could easily access trail 1377 along the North Fork Taneum Creek. Easy walking but very muddy and have to look out for dirt bikes. Snow free to windy pass. Did a loop up and over Mt. Clifty via trail 1321A. Lots of snow on north faces above 5500'. Then back to Windy Pass, up ridge to Lookout Mountain. Lookout is a nice summit, so we had lunch here. We headed back to the west to trail 1326 and then followed it to the north until 5480' where we could drop down through some trees to a forest spur road next to Lookout Creek that would take us down to road 4510, that we were able to jog back to the car. It was neat to explore a new area on the east side of I-90 while there was a murderer on the loose in the Teanaway. Check out my full trip report

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
mountainflamingo

mountainflamingo
PostSat Jun 20, 2020 11:31 am 
It felt that way, it seemed like every 30 minutes we would switch from sun to rain to snow to fog. If the larches down by the road had turned orange while we were hiking it would have felt complete!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message