Forum Index > Partners > Scrambling partner
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
anonwums

anonwums
PostTue Jun 23, 2020 9:37 am 
I'm looking for a scrambling partner. I'm a 37 year old married guy. I don't post much of what I do because a lot of it is with the Mountaineers, and large groups don't seem to be the style of the posts. I only go during the weekends. But the types of places I've gone are: Observation Rock, St. Helens, Mt Ruth (Rainier), Hemlock Peak, Sherpani, Silver Peak, and Enchantments in March. I feel reasonably comfortable with an ice axe and crampons, but no experience with glacier travel or roped climbing. I'm looking at doing stuff off the beaten path. I'm looking for someone who is on board with the whole social distancing guidelines: outdoor gatherings up to 5 people in your household/week, keeping 6 feet away and mask wearing when that is not possible. I know some people who unfortunately contracted the virus, and it is terrible (one ended up in the ICU), so I'd prefer not to get it.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
collshut
Backpacking fool

collshut
Backpacking fool
PostMon Jul 06, 2020 6:50 am 
Hi. I'm in a very similar boat as a 36 yr old married guy, and was (briefly) in the Mountaineers for had avalanche training and a few other courses. My experience is mainly with backpacking, but many were high elevation trips with a lot of gain and mileage. This year has been sparse; I've only done a couple solo overnights to Rachel Lake and North Cascades, but last year I did the Enchantments and 25 miles ~8000' gain at Yosemite. I've hiked/backpacked all over AZ, CA, CO, and WA for the last fifteen years, and am in good shape to do just about anything. However, I have not had ice axe or scrambling training, but always up for an off trail adventure. Also I definitely support social distancing and would respect boundaries and space. Let me know if you want to meet up for coffee or a day hike first. -Collier

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message