Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > WA state will soon require facemasks statewide
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jun 27, 2020 11:56 am 
Someone posted this on FB. I thought it was a good read and explains the rationale for why we should wear masks. Why you should wear a mask - Dr. Malcolm Butler (Columbia Valley Community Health medical director)

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostSat Jun 27, 2020 1:03 pm 
Those very people who assert their rights to not act in a responsible way while living in a society, claim to be "patriots" and defenders of the Constitution and whatever rule in their Bible suits them at the time. A very strange idea of what it means to love ones country when they ignore potential harm caused to other citizens by their actions.

don't believe everything you think
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostSat Jun 27, 2020 1:12 pm 
The mask debate seems stupid to me. I’d like to know how the anti-maskers think this pandemic will play out if we don’t follow the guidance of public health officials. Just let the virus run rampart? Well, whatever. The best thing to do is wear a mask to protect ourselves from the Rocknclimbs who won’t wear them. There seem to be a lot of KN95s available on Amazon.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSat Jun 27, 2020 2:52 pm 
All of the most sane of the anti maskers state their logic:

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Jun 27, 2020 3:13 pm 
Slug, I find myself thinking of such things as an epidemic of stupid. I cannot think about The Stupid very much as it is quite depressing. A Spokane station had a similar clip. The Stupid proclaimed it to be patriotic to not wear a mask. Another one tried to explain herd immunity and stated that we all should be exposed to Covid like his mom had them exposed to measles. Me thinks this pandemic is going to last a very long time because of The Stupid. And, should a vaccine ever arrive, the anti vaxxers will become quite vocal. We are now a country that runs on emotions and drama. We live in a reality show.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Roly Poly

Roly Poly
PostSat Jun 27, 2020 3:20 pm 
Ah, herd immunity? Best achieved with a vaccine and not by mass mortality. I’ve stopped caring. I wear my mask, to protect myself from the Stupid. It’s all we can do. Still lots of KN95 on Amazon. OMD(og), that clip Sluggo! I’m gonna stockpile masks now!

Arginine

Arginine
PostSat Jun 27, 2020 3:22 pm 
The drama/emotion isn’t new. It was baked into the country from the very start. There’s a book called “Fantasyland” that you all might enjoy reading. I almost assigned it as summer reading to my students.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Jun 27, 2020 3:39 pm 
So in a bar or restaurant you don’t have to wear a mask, since it’s pretty hard to eat or drink while wearing a mask. Going to Fred Meyer after my mask free lunch and see what’s up there.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Jun 27, 2020 4:34 pm 
Looks like close to 70 percent mask wearers here at Freddy’s in marysville, so pretty good compliance but definitely not mandatory here.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSat Jun 27, 2020 4:44 pm 
Arginine wrote:
There’s a book called “Fantasyland” that you all might enjoy reading. I almost assigned it as summer reading to my students.
Thanks for that tip. I found the author's website. SPL has the book in three formats, but they are still not open yet. ~z

Arginine

Arginine
PostSat Jun 27, 2020 5:09 pm 
You can check out the ebook or kindle whatever version while they are closed. I’ve been doing that a lot.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSun Jun 28, 2020 10:19 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Looks like close to 70 percent mask wearers here at Freddy’s in marysville, so pretty good compliance but definitely not mandatory here.
It's definitely mandatory (you can tell because it's a mandate), just sounds like 30% of shoppers are willing to break the law for no good reason whatever. The deep state doesn't want us to eat spaghetti out of the toilet, they say it's unhealthy. We'll show them!!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Jun 28, 2020 10:57 am 
Need a moderator. This might be too politicky as it involves the things that must not be mentioned, but it made me laugh. Delete or have me delete it if it is.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
trestle

trestle
PostSun Jun 28, 2020 1:20 pm 
catsp wrote:
Man at popular hiking spot has his lawyers ready to go
Says the man in the Q shirt. lol.gif

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostSun Jun 28, 2020 2:18 pm 
catsp wrote:
Man at popular hiking spot has his lawyers ready to go
They have mask police at trails to take pics of violators and broadcast them on the tv news, but at not at riots where thousands of people are crammed shoulder to shoulder in filth committing every crime imaginable without masks or proper social distancing. Now there's massive spikes of the virus in every county that had riots among people in the 20s and 30s but some how its the fault of "conspiracy theorists" in outlying areas.