Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > WA state will soon require facemasks statewide
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 9:32 pm 
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 9:33 pm 
Randito wrote:
Then there is this https://www.psypost.org/2020/06/psychopathic-traits-linked-to-non-compliance-with-social-distancing-guidelines-amid-the-coronavirus-pandemic-56980?fbclid=IwAR2AdN6S87jySkgKZdYQLIgh4DFSQiT0gLmwxPS8Q6SgUNCfdv5Qg0_BqXI
Been a psycho since 1986. Probably murdering old folks along the way since I've never had a flu shot. Poor Grandma

When asked "Why do you climb"? Simply respond "Why don't you"?
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 10:07 pm 
When people tell you who they are, believe them - Maya Angelou

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 10:24 pm 
altasnob wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
For me it goes a bit deeper than that, I see it as an infringement on my rights as an American.
I respect your opinion, but just curious, is there ever a situation where you would support the government temporarily taking away a right that you currently enjoy? For instance, back in WWII, when the government ordered people to cover their windows at night, that was a right being taken away. Is that justified? When is it ok for the government to curtail a right and when is it not ok? A lot of people in this country agree with your stance so I am trying to understand the logic in it.
Thank you for respecting my opinion. As for your question, I would likely keep my window open since fresh air is important to me and if I get bombed, so be it. Why do some states not require motorcycle riders to wear helmets and that a seat belt fine is only $10 in Idaho and $120 in Wa? It comes down to "free will" and "Government Control" . I choose, Free Will, and I will not wear a mask. It's really not about "logic" it's more about what the government thinks is best for you...do you trust them? I don't.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 10:47 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
For me it goes a bit deeper than that, I see it as an infringement on my rights as an American. I know your answer to that is "It's not a big deal, it's just a mask". To that I respond with, "Give them an inch, and they will take a mile". I compare it to "Gun Control", our fear on the right is that if we open the door to more "legislation" (control) where will it end? Infringing on rights is progressive and happens in small chunks, pretty much like taxes, "just a small percentage more, it's not that much". Grams add up to ounces brothers.
Is an ordinance to wear clothes in public an infringement on your rights? When will it end? When we have a better solution to limit the spread of COVID. Until then this is arguably the best solution to allow things to go back to normal, as much as is possible. It is not an attempt to do anything else. Do you have a better solution? Seriously, think about it.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 10:55 pm 
Tom wrote:
Is an ordinance to wear clothes in public an infringement on your rights?
Yes it is. My "better solution" is to pretty much avoid human contact which is natural to me anyway, so essentially this Corona thing is a non issue for me....I have so much bigger fish to fry. Should I wear a mask in the Bob Marshall Wilderness coming up in a few weeks, you know, to protect the bears?

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 11:18 pm 
Well, if you are avoiding human contact you don't need to wear a mask (or clothes) so I'm confused why you have an issue? And no, you don't need to wear a mask (or clothes) in the Bob Marshall wilderness if you are keeping a safe distance from others. Was this a serious question? What's your proposal when there is human contact? If you don't support an ordinance to wear a masks (or clothes) what would be a better solution?

altasnob

altasnob
PostWed Jun 24, 2020 11:20 pm 
Covering your window during WWII not only protected you from being bombed, it protected everyone who lived around you from being bombed. A motorcyclist who doesn't wear a helmet likely only harms themselves (although some argue that it drives up health care costs for all). While it is true that in Idaho a no seat belt ticket is $10, in Washington, it is $48. And if you look over the list of infraction penalties, $48 is the lowest fine for a moving auto infraction. It can't get any lower because of mandatory fees that must be imposed on all vehicle infractions. And while the base fee is $48, Washington allows you to request a mitigation hearing with the court to request your no seat belt ticket fine lowered. What's your opinion on vehicle insurance laws? Should I be allowed to drive without insurance? Idaho, like all states, require vehicle insurance with hefty fines for non-compliance.

Joey
verrry senior member

Joey
verrry senior member
PostThu Jun 25, 2020 4:47 am 
GH_Hiker wrote:
https://technocracy.news/blaylock-face-masks-pose-serious-risks-to-the-healthy/ "One should not attack and insult those who have chosen not to wear a mask, as these studies suggest that is the wise choice to make."
I will see that Blaylock nonsense and raise you this from webmd https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200622/more-states-cities-require-face-masks-in-public

Sculpin

Sculpin
PostThu Jun 25, 2020 7:34 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
It's really not about "logic" it's more about what the government thinks is best for you...do you trust them? I don't.
This perfectly captures why we have 4% of the world's population and 25% of the world's deaths from coronavirus. We are an exceptional people! frown.gif

Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostThu Jun 25, 2020 11:25 am 
Cyclopath wrote:
you're going to get this thread shut down because of the politics.
The photo post with the overt political commentary on the facemask was taken down for this reason; way over the line per NWH posting policy. The wearing (or not) of masks has become so politicized that I'm not sure further discussion is merited; the moderators will discuss.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostThu Jun 25, 2020 11:49 am 
I'm no longer going to cover my nose and mouth with my arm when I sneeze or cough since it doesn't block 100% of the spray. We've been doing that stupid practice for far too long now and since its not totally and 100% effective at preventing all disease transmission there is no need to do it at all - just let it fly!!! It is actually evil spirits/negative thoughts, not germs, that cause diseases. crazy.gif

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Doppelganger

Doppelganger
PostThu Jun 25, 2020 12:06 pm 

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Stefan

Stefan
PostThu Jun 25, 2020 12:29 pm 
Tom wrote:
Unfortunately I don't think this is going to make much difference. People don't seem to understand why masks are important (to protect others). For those that refuse to wear a mask in public within 6' of others, please explain. Are you ignorant, naive, selfish, or all of the above? Do you not believe wearing a mask will protect others? If so, what supporting evidence do you have other than dubious sources? Perhaps there is another reason to not wear a mask, but I can't think of one other than you have recovered from COVID. If you refuse to wear one, that's your choice but I hope you will take the advice of medical professionals and do your part (within reason).
I have talked to some people with this question. Their response: "Herd immunity is the only way we will beat this." They usually do put out a caveat that the old people need to be "locked up". I think I can see this perspective as valid with the data I have seen. The people that are dying are the old ones from this....while us "younger" folk are a fraction in ICU beds and others are just taking it while at home with the Covid. Why "herd immunity" I have asked....Their response....."There will be another pandemic. Might as well prepare mankind bodies for each successive one...otherwise you will have the same problems that indigenous people had when Europeans arrived into North America." Sounds like a reasonable argument to me to not wear a mask.

Art is an adventure.
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostThu Jun 25, 2020 12:44 pm 
Stefan wrote:
I have talked to some people with this question. Their response: "Herd immunity is the only way we will beat this." They usually do put out a caveat that the old people need to be "locked up". I think I can see this perspective as valid with the data I have seen. The people that are dying are the old ones from this....while us "younger" folk are a fraction in ICU beds and others are just taking it while at home with the Covid.
That's a short-sighted, selfish view. It's not just "old people", it's anyone of any age with a compromised immune system, receiving chemotherapy, a neurological disorder that impairs breathing (like ALS), and many other issues. People forget that this isn't "forever", we'll eventually have a vaccine, and farther down the line, a better prepared national response system and supply stockpile.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood