Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > WA state will soon require facemasks statewide
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 10:10 am 
Randito wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
But wait, I found a "loophole". Exemptions: Those with a medical condition, mental health condition.... Read the directive carefully https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/1600/coronavirus/Secretary_of_Health_Order_20-03_Statewide_Face_Coverings.pdf wink.gif
Fine if you actually have a medical need. Is that what your claiming?
Mental Health Condition, it runs in the Family.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 10:19 am 
keep talking.... ...in the meantime, the State Health Department will have the statutory authority to CLOSE and/or FINE businesses that are not in compliance with the order. This won't be an issue where the local County Sheriff gets to decide which orders he wants to enforce or not; it will be left to DOH field personnel to enforce this. I would posit that the odds are that they will, and it will only take one or two temporary closures of non-compliant businesses for the business community to get with the program. (Some of you may remember the resistance to the "No Smoking" orders that were put into effect first in California and then later here in Washington.) So keep talking. Let us know how that works out for you.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 10:21 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Mental Health Condition, it runs in the Family.
Whose your "Wendy"?

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 10:24 am 
Whatever, the virus will probably magically go away after the November Elections.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 10:38 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Whatever, the virus will probably magically go away after the November Elections.
There is no rational argument that can diswade such a position.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 10:57 am 
well... when you've completely exhausted your supply of coherent or cogent arguments, "whatever" is the certain signal there's nothing left other than the ability to make some noise.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 12:29 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
When the deniers get thrown out, they will find science,

don't believe everything you think
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 12:58 pm 
Ask not for who the bell tolls, it tolls for thee

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 1:32 pm 
So we've come full circle to this being a hoax?

JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 1:54 pm 
catsp wrote:
It’s not a good analogy because the DUI law prohibits those who are drunk from driving. But the mask mandate applies regardless of whether you are “drunk” (i.e., infected). I think that for the analogy to work, it would be a mandate that those who are infected wear a mask.
Would agree that from a perspective of the rules or law, it's not a good analogy as one (masks) speaks to all and one (DUI) speaks to only those who have been drinking. However, from a personal decision and common decency perspective, I think it's a fairly accurate analogy - both wearing a mask and not driving under the influence are personal decisions we make (at the possible expense of some minor inconvenience) that show compassion, consideration, and common decency for others.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 2:33 pm 
Tom wrote:
So we've come full circle to this being a hoax?
Not quite, I would say more like, over hyped. Everyone seems to take the statistics at face value and believe everything they are told about virus. Some do not.

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 2:45 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Everyone seems to take the statistics at face value and believe everything they are told about virus. Some do not.
Sincere query here: flowers.gif Just for purposes of having our cards on the table, could you say, briefly, the parts you believe and what you don't? It would help to understand your POV.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 2:47 pm 
Seems like everyone doing their part to wear a mask would improve chances of getting back on track relative to other countries prior to November.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 4:07 pm 
Tom wrote:
Seems like everyone doing their part to wear a mask would improve chances of getting back on track relative to other countries prior to November.
Yes. I understand that, and you understand that, but The Stupid cannot grasp the concept. Over and over I see statements like these on facebook groups. Only two people have died (in Okanogan County) so it can't be all that bad of a virus. We're not even sure that they died from Covid because______ said that one was a drug addict and one was already dying. It is just like getting the flu, no problem with that. We might as well all get it and increase herd immunity (or toughen up our immune systems--there is no mention of anybody dying or permanently disabled by these people). I don't know anybody who has it therefore it does not exist. Only people with symptoms should have to wear a mask. You can show these folks the science and they'll simply dismiss it as "fake". So, it's going to be a very long process due to the resistance of The Stupid. I didn't even go into the political conspiracies about the virus.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostSun Jul 05, 2020 4:16 pm 
TW, you forgot the top one: “If YOU feel afraid, then YOU should stay home! I’M not sick and I’M not afraid, so I’ll do as I want”