Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostWed Jul 08, 2020 10:01 pm 
texasbb wrote:
schifferj wrote:
RumiDude wrote:
I use the Easton Nano stakes most of the time
Easton Nano stakes apparently have been discontinued. They have always been my favorites
What?!!
I am not sure if we are all talking about the same thing, but I do know that Tarptent supplies Easton Aluminum Nano stakes with all their tents and you can also buy them from Tarptent as extras. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostWed Jul 08, 2020 10:31 pm 
rossb wrote:
3) Often easier to assemble. Not necessarily faster, mind you, just more straightforward. This varies by tent, but with tarp tents, often you need to get the angles right. With most free-standing tents, it is simply a matter of putting in the poles and plunking it down. Since I can't easily move it, I usually spend more time analyzing the location as well (measuring twice and cutting once, so to speak). Oddly enough, even with all of that, I usually get my tent up faster than my friends (it takes a surprisingly long time to attach the tent to the poles). Of course, if you are expecting heavy winds, then you are dealing with guy lines, and back to the same game (the stakes have to be in right, the angle has to be right, etc.).
Some people never hike past dark. Some do. My old experience is free standing is easier to set up in the dark. IF you are very familiar with the tent. You still need to stake unless under trees, and tent is weighted with sleeping bag. I almost lost my much loved tent in Cobalt Lake. I don’t think I use love and any other possession. Best.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostThu Jul 09, 2020 9:04 am 
RumiDude wrote:
I am not sure if we are all talking about the same thing, but I do know that Tarptent supplies Easton Aluminum Nano stakes with all their tents and you can also buy them from Tarptent as extras. Rumi
Tarp Tent seems to be out of stock, however MLD still seems to have a few https://mountainlaureldesigns.com/product/easton-aluminum-nano-nail-stakes/