Forum Index > Trail Talk > Food in ROSLYN!!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 9:04 am 
Well we ate at the Roslyn Cafe...gourmet food..great chef level food..(being a former chef I recognize great food)... Was worried the burger didn't come with bacon but we'll seasoned....friend had great fish n chips . Another table had salads that looked great... I know the brick tavern sells burgers also... I think we also seen the coal chute place on the edge of town.. Anybody else care to comment on good food in Roslyn or cle ellum?? I know there is a meat shop in cle ellum... Wow coal chute pics look great.. Red bird Cafe ..anyone? Their breakfast looks great..

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 9:37 am 
Roslyn Mexican Grill is fantastic. It is supposed to be "pre-Columbian," which I'm not sure I totally believe, but bottom line is it's delicious. The pizza place is solid too. Banzai Teriyaki in Cle Elum is pricier and more pretentious than what you would expect for teriyaki or Cle Elum, but the food totally lived up to the hype. Really really good. There's actually a lot of great options for food in that area. I wish other mountain gateway towns, like along Route 2 and Highway 20, had as many. Ugh, Marblemount, I'm looking at you especially (I do like the Marblemount Diner, but it closes too early). What we have taken to doing on most hikes is leaving our Coleman grill and a cooler with burger supplies and a few beers in the car, and then grilling ourselves dinner at campground or picnic area near the trailhead. Way beats driving many miles, waiting for slow service and paying a gazillion dollars at a restaurant, and then eating way too much grease.

hbb

hbb
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 12:32 pm 
The Brick is worth a visit.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 1:50 pm 
Sounds like the teriyaki place is good ..Danks foist..

solohiker

solohiker
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 8:34 pm 
Roslyn: The Brick. I’ve driven to Roslyn (from my house in Sammamish) to eat at the Brick without even hiking. I would not hike anywhere with a TH in Salmon le Sac vicinity without finishing at The Brick. I can’t imagine why anyone would wonder where to go for dinner in Roslyn unless The Brick was full - which does happen a lot.

I have never been lost, but I'll admit to being confused for several weeks. - Daniel Boone
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostThu Aug 18, 2022 9:08 pm 
Wait time & prices are the only concern in Roslyn & Cle Elum Food has always been good at all the places we have been to Coal Mountain Caboose in Cle Elum Old #3 in Ronald Basecamp in Roslyn Red Bird Cafe in Roslyn is really good Yes! Owen's Meats if you plan for a BBQ Sunset & Cottage Cafes in Cle Elum are good Beaus's Pizza & Pasta in Cle Elum is always busy The Orchard in Cle Elum also has good food. More upscale El Caporal, the Mexican restaurant on CleElum is really good The Thai Food place up behind Safeway has excellent food! I wouldn't recommend "Logans" ( across the street from Roslyn Cafe ) The pizza @ DruBru in CleElum is fantastic! 509 Bakery in CleElum kicks ass! Only open Friday - Sunday Senor Bones for a fat delicious burrito! In CleElum ( also serve burrito bowls )

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostFri Aug 19, 2022 12:42 am 
ya get these guys heading in lookin at burgers. Frequent occurrence. Ya got BURGER KING up on the west. Other side ya got big BIG BURGER PLACE. Couple DQ's. Big MCD'S. You're lookin at BURGERS

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostFri Aug 19, 2022 1:19 pm 
Just want to remind folks here that the site has a whole thread on post-hike grub with a sticky at the top which anyone can edit; it's very handy since the summary is sorted by location. Please consider re-posting your recommendations there and maybe deleting your post here. https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11229&start=240

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood