Forum Index > Trip Reports > NE Buttress of Goode 07-17-2020 + a bit :D
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
slabbyd

slabbyd
PostFri Jul 24, 2020 11:21 pm 
If someone has beaten you to a remote, beautiful and small bivi site maybe find somewhere else to sleep. I get you Really wanted to sleep in the summit but that strikes me as a total intrusion on someone else’s experience.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Brushbuffalo

Location: there earlier, here now, somewhere later... Bellingham in between
Brushbuffalo
PostSat Jul 25, 2020 6:06 am 
That climb has a time-consuming descent and only a small area anywhere near the summit for lying down, much less putting up a sizeable tent, unneeded in calm clear weather. Basic courtesy, or lack of same, seems to be the issue on that summit that day.

Passing rocks and trees like they were standing still
Kayuke

Kayuke
PostMon Jul 27, 2020 11:55 am 
Thanks for your report and great pics Bluebird. I slept at the summit this past Thursday 7/23 night. There were two behind us on the ridge that never made it up while we were there, but my partner and I would've shared the spaces! As for your slick hand line at the traverse to the Black Tooth Notch, I'm curious how that worked. I tried and chose the least difficult of three ways, but still wish I had taken out my rope, serious hebie jeebies, especially with the cairn "finish line" beckoning right there 40 feet away. Yea 5.4ish, in Jim Nelson's selected climbs, it reads "...Black notch, which is easy (4th class) to get to". Sandbagged! Watching my partner shimmy across that with his huge 100L pack gave me ptsd! Nonetheless!!! Way to go, glad you enjoyed it. Thanks!

Midnight Slogger
'Schwack Job

Midnight Slogger
'Schwack Job
PostMon Jul 27, 2020 12:59 pm 
Thanks for the beta and great trip report. Looks like you two made the most of it! In related news to lost trailrunners, some trekking poles were found in the 'schwack below Goode near Park Creek on Sunday 7/26. Someone can PM me with a description if they know to whom they belong (will also post to lost and found page). Cheers!