Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > WCGW?
Previous :: Next Topic  
catsp

catsp

PostFri Jul 31, 2020 9:42 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Gardeners claim they planted mysterious seeds from China
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
neek

neek

PostFri Jul 31, 2020 11:09 am 
Probably nothing? Weird no one's identified them yet.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant

PostFri Jul 31, 2020 11:15 am 
Triffids

--------------
"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Sculpin

Sculpin

PostSat Aug 01, 2020 7:56 am 
neek wrote:
Weird no one's identified them yet.

"All 50 states have issued warnings about the packages some of which contain flowering plants like morning glory, hibiscus and roses, according to Osama El-Lissy, with the Plant Protection program of USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service. El-Lissy said other packages contain vegetables like cabbage and herbs including mint, sage, rosemary, and lavender."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/07/31/usda-identifies-some-seeds-appear-sent-china/5555404002/

--------------
Between every two pines is a doorway to the new world. - John Muir
neek

neek

PostFri Sep 11, 2020 8:44 am 
Quote:
American people do not seem particularly well-prepared for scams of this nature.... People planted seeds even when expressly told not to. Hundreds of people had no idea whether they had ever ordered seeds, or how to check. Some people called 911. Others ate the seeds. Others ordered something specific, got what they ordered from who they ordered it from, then still panicked. Others were furious they had to pay for postage to send the seeds to the government. From one recipient in North Carolina: "I did not receive seeds. I received a suspicious package from China with a spoon and a fork in it my concerns are that it is full of Covid."

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/akz9qk/hundreds-of-americans-planted-chinese-mystery-seeds
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
catsp

catsp

PostFri Sep 11, 2020 9:11 am 
neek wrote:
Quote:
...Others ate the seeds...

At first I'm thinking, who would do that? But then I realized we need such adventurous people.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostFri Sep 11, 2020 8:24 pm 
I could see mailing something like kudzu that's highly invasive as some kind of slow motion terrorism.  But it's not like they're figured out how to put an invading army into a seed, where you add water and they march out of your garden into the state house.  Planting random seeds isn't as obviously stupid as eating them.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > WCGW?
  Happy Birthday trestin, Bushwa Thunderhooey, bellarocks77!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: