Forum Index > Trip Reports > Tiger Mtn 8/16/2020 ... 5.5 miles, 2.75 hours, only saw 7 people ... /mindblown
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Double_E

Double_E
PostTue Aug 18, 2020 2:03 pm 
Yes, you read that right; only seven people over 2.75 hours at Tiger Mountain on a summer weekend. Didn't think that was even possible to see that few people there. Granted: * With 90s in the forecast I'm sure a lot of people were flocking to swimming destinations * There were no summits involved (I'm sure the West Tiger 3 trail still had hordes) * About a 1/2 mile of my loop was "trail" only according to this one map... was basically bushwhacking * Roughly the first 20 minutes and last 20 minutes had a good bit of highway noise So where was this you ask? Sorry not gonna say, lest it start getting more popular. biggrin.gif The point to all this being though: if you seek out the hidden gems of Tiger (this trail was really pretty BTW) you might just find some.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
nordique

nordique
PostTue Aug 18, 2020 4:07 pm 
Good for you! We all read trip reports for a hike, on WTA, before we head out--so we can avoid mobs of unmasked hikers. It's smart to avoid posting a hike report if you want to keep that trail below the radar.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message