Forum Index > Trip Reports > Ruth Mtn - Icy Peak Traverse 8/18-19/20
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
lovetowonder

lovetowonder
PostWed Aug 26, 2020 8:26 pm 
silence wrote:
Nicely done! Enjoyed your photos and great trip report. up.gif up.gif up.gif It brought back memories of Yana's and Carla's traverse in another season, early Feb 2010 https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7981228
puzzlr wrote:
Thanks for the report. It's the first one I've read that shows the route in summer. I think I'd like it this way -- maybe someday.
I'm inspired/impressed by the winter trip reports I've read. Looks like a different kind of beauty and a very different experience.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
pula58

pula58
PostThu Aug 27, 2020 9:55 am 
I climbed Icy Peak from Nooksack cirque years ago. The most difficult, and trying part, was the last three miles to camp (we camped at that huge overhanging rock, the "trog"). Bushwhacking, slide alder, devils club, riverbed foot torture, you name it. It was the first time I ever felt a touch of what I thought was possible claustrophobia, feeling trapped in all directions in the middle of a grove of twisted and tangled slide alder. But it was gloriously isolated and felt like wilderness. The Ruth/Icy route is great too, gorgeous high country!

Downhill

Downhill
PostTue Sep 01, 2020 5:59 pm 
Very nice TR and photos!! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely trip memories with us! I was just thinking about Ruth/Icy last week. I was on the summit of Mt Cashmere and thinking of how there are fantastic views in all directions and was reminded of a similar memory of Ruth and Icy summits. It got me thinking that I need to get back there, and now your TR has added fuel to that inspiration. Thank you!

mtn.climber

mtn.climber
PostThu Sep 03, 2020 7:58 am 
Nicely done, Amy. You got much better views than we did when we did it last year. Hope to join you on an adventure soon.

Reach for the sky, cuz tomorrow may never come. Live the life of love. Love the life you live.