Forum Index > Trip Reports > Devils Dome Loop - Early September
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wadlust
Tony

wadlust
Tony
PostTue Sep 08, 2020 8:11 am 
I am rushing to share latest on this great trek, after having come back yesterday evening. There is still water available plentifully through out the Devil's Dome Loop route. Specifically there is water on route at these location (counter clockwise order from East Bank TH) and few in vicinity to these, too small to mention: - McMillan Park - Nickol Cr (drying out) - Devils Park (drying out) - Small creek in couloir northwest of Jackita Peak (drying out) - North Fork Devils Cr - Some water in lake 5644, 300 feet elevation below Devils Pass. Did not explore the supposed spring at the Pass. - Small creek 400 feet elevation below, northwest of Devils Dome (lots of snow on north face of the Dome) There is still some snow from strong winter of 2019-2020, but not much. So those creeks that are drying out likely will be so in no more than 2 weeks, unless there is rain. There is brush through out the trail route. I wish i brought clipper to do some clean up. Lots of logs on the route as well, but manageable. Enjoy the adventure!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message