Forum Index > Pacific NW History > LeBlond family in Commonwealth Basin
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kascadia

Kascadia
PostWed Sep 23, 2020 10:33 pm 
I tried a search on this name, thinking this must be "common" knowledge, but didn't find anything here (maybe because it is!). Anyway, I'm wondering what the story is with Helene LeBlond (1908-2014) who had the "marker" at Red Pass. I've found a PDF about the "Frenchman's cabin" below, which mentions his daughter, Neva, but no mention of Helene. Based on their birthdates, I'm assuming it was a daughter, but not sure. It states his ashes were spread at the cabin site. We talked to a hiker once that said it was a woman that lived in a cabin in CW basin and she had her ashes spread there. That's all the info I have. Helene's marker was there last October, we were up there a couple of weeks ago and it was gone. A bit of a shame, it was small, and hardly visible under an alpine fir. http://www.sahalie.org/Documents/history/TheFrenchmansCabin.pdf

It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying: Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
bk

bk
PostThu Sep 24, 2020 4:47 am 
The 1940 census for Seattle shows: • Edgar Leblond, born in Ohio, age 57, head of household. • Helene Leblond, born in Washington, age 32, wife. ...no kids are listed. Nothing else, right off, is jumping out at me regarding Helene. Indeed, one would think there would be more accessible stories to someone that lived to be 106 and had a marker out in the woods.

snoqpass

snoqpass
PostTue Oct 13, 2020 10:29 pm 
Interesting, I have been by the cabin site a few times and assumed it was related to the two mine tunnels nearby