Forum Index > Trip Reports > Easy Pass 10/6/2020
Previous :: Next Topic  
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostWed Oct 07, 2020 9:09 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Monday was my last day on a contract at Microsoft;  I spent my first day being funemployed in the North Cascades.  Not quite sure where I'll wind up next, but winding up on Ragged Ridge was nice.

I know the Rainy Pass area is Mecca for hikers this time of year, and that Easy Pass never gets much love.  It's also the shortest drive on 20 to see the gold.

I hiked up over Easy Pass about five years ago, down through Fisher Basin, and my plan was to go on to Stehekin, but there was smoke coming up the valley so I hiked down the Thunder trail to Colonial Creek CG and hitched a ride back to my car.  So, yesterday was my second time up the trail and my first time coming down.

The trail starts in dense woods, comes into a meadow, and then ascends a talus field.  Your experience hiking up is to watch the community of life fade away, and then up above is this beautiful grassy area with an open larch grove and great views.  After coming up through the lifeless broken rock, Easy Pass feels like the promised land.

View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trip Reports > Easy Pass 10/6/2020
  Happy Birthday bobbi!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: