Forum Index > Gear Talk > What Frustrates You The Most When Hiking?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Rilwan
Rilwan123

Rilwan
Rilwan123
PostThu Oct 15, 2020 9:56 am 
What Frustrates You The Most When Hiking? Hello I'm is Rilwan, I'm a 2nd year Product Design Student at Huddersfield. Undertaking research finding insights to problems and frustrations faced within the natural environment regarding Hiking. Replying will any type of Frustrations are great! Frustrations you encounter with current hiking or camping equipment are even better. As experts in this field your responses would help massively. Thanks for your time, and everything helps. If you have a few seconds on your hands, please respond to anonymous survey - It shouldn't take more than 3 minutes. It would be much appreciated. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=2p8utZEGhUW9_FzK4c4YkD0A9n-8HjJIigIiahMfxWtUMDU2VUMySk40NUNMSldGREZUQ0ZIU0FWTC4u Thank You Once Again, Rilwan

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostThu Oct 15, 2020 10:19 am 
Rilwan wrote:
If you have a few seconds on your hands, please respond to anonymous survey - It shouldn't take more than 3 minutes. It would be much appreciated. https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=2p8utZEGhUW9_FzK4c4YkD0A9n-8HjJIigIiahMfxWtUMDU2VUMySk40NUNMSldGREZUQ0ZIU0FWTC4u
Websites that do respond correctly to scrolling, etc regardless of OS or web browser. Yours is one. So, onward.

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Bowregard

Bowregard
PostThu Oct 15, 2020 9:18 pm 
Not much - Work and daily life frustrates me - That's why I go hiking.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Oct 15, 2020 9:52 pm 
Your functionality question has "very unsatisfied" on both ends. I'm assuming the first one is a typo. Is this the gear I own, or the market as a whole? There are airbag backpacks, I think it's fantastic those exist. I don't have one because of my personal use and needs.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Oct 16, 2020 1:39 am 
I am annoyed that I can hike pretty fast on flat terrain but uphills kick my ass.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Rilwan
Rilwan123

Rilwan
Rilwan123
PostFri Oct 16, 2020 2:26 am 
Thanks I’ve changed that, I’m interested in the current gear you own. Looking at an air backpack seems very cool. Thanks for your feedback

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Oct 16, 2020 11:13 am 
I am also frustrated that hot, single hiker chicks are hard to find...well at least for me. wink.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon

moonspots
Happy Curmudgeon
PostFri Oct 16, 2020 11:29 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I am annoyed that I can hike pretty fast on flat terrain but uphills kick my ass.
lol.gif Ha! Welcome to MY world! Good one!

"Out, OUT you demons of Stupidity"! - St Dogbert, patron Saint of Technology
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostFri Oct 16, 2020 12:07 pm 
I have noticed though that uphills are much easier when I am warmed up. I recently did a short hike (the old Robe trail) that begins downhill then levels off for quite a while, then uphill at the end and the uphill seemed way better. I learned a few things from that goofball the forest gnome. 1. Warm up and take frequent breaks while doing so. 2. Hydrate 3. Take frequent breaks 4. When taking a snack break, unload your entire pack to access your food. 5. Tell any and all hiker you meet on the trail about NWhikers and Packit Gourmet. 6. Tell any and all hikers about Spider Meadows 7. Go to great fishing lakes but don't tell anyone about them. 8. Obsess about hiking in the Wind River Range. 9. Don't forget the coffee 10. Backpack to high mountain lakes when a storm is predicted so you can be up all night in fear of your life, nearly freezing, and holding on to your tent poles so it doesn't blow away. 11. O' and last but not least, how NOT to fly fish yet still catch fish...that was the most important lesson.

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostFri Oct 16, 2020 2:03 pm 
yappity big mouthed dopes who can't handle the silence...the sound of their own brains drives them crazy? Seattlepithicus Pontificatous Shutupicus Yappitus

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostFri Oct 16, 2020 10:36 pm 
Your website starts with "Design Innovation Plastics" My biggest annoyance is dog poop bags left by the trail. You could design a plastic dog poop bag that dissolves in 6 hours when the owner forgets to pick it up. At least the poop has a chance to degrade then instead of festering for months in a plastic bag.

neek

neek
PostSat Oct 17, 2020 8:54 am 
puzzlr wrote:
You could design a plastic dog poop bag that dissolves in 6 hours when the owner forgets to pick it up.
If they shoved it in their pack, then continued on their 6 hour hike, would it still dissolve?

Jumble Jowls

Jumble Jowls
PostSun Oct 18, 2020 7:42 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I am also frustrated that hot, single hiker chicks are hard to find...well at least for me. wink.gif
Really. Even MILFs are hard to find on most trails.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSun Oct 18, 2020 8:12 pm 
I would pay good money for a bluetooth jammer to disable wireless speakers in my vicinity.

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostFri Oct 23, 2020 11:39 am 
People in my way!! Trees blocking the view!!! Regulations!!! Permits!!! People tellin me to turn down the music!!! Stubbing my toes kickin down cairns!!! People in my drone footage!!! These things annoy me!!!