Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > yes I know this is a hiker site
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostWed Oct 21, 2020 9:16 am 
AS I stated above, but people need to be informed just how serious this is... This little duckberg town of under 4000 has in the last two weeks gone from an infection rate of 8 to 37 not counting the state prison, which has it own problems....the surrounding counties have larger population centers and the covid-19 there is also off the scale. I90 interstate passes right by here and people stop for fuel, eats and conversation, even our local population. I am medically compromised due to acute copd, I have to buy locally or have the store deliver. The state VA hosp has requested I not go there for breathing treatments without first calling, this is a 60 mile trip. The local medical center does not need me in their facility, even though the ER visit usually only takes a couple of hours to get steriods. sooooo,,, stay home, wear a mask, maintain at least six feet on social meets and wash your hands. read a book, play with the kiddies, watch tv, talk to your friends on the phone... thanks

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
neek

neek
PostWed Oct 21, 2020 10:00 am 
thanks for a very reasonable reminder of the realities of the present situation. i've been itching for a road trip, which is actually feasible now with the kid in remote school. but having just shot down in-law requests for thanksgiving... yeah.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
rocknclimb

rocknclimb
PostWed Oct 21, 2020 10:22 am 
cdestroyer wrote:
sooooo,,, stay home, wear a mask, maintain at least six feet on social meets and wash your hands. read a book, play with the kiddies, watch tv, talk to your friends on the phone...
No. Will continue to work 50 hour weeks on-site without a mask, go to the local watering hole that doesn't follow restrictions, hike on my days off, enjoy my friends and family time in person, and take the occasional road trip to Wyoming which takes me through your great state.

When asked "Why do you climb"? Simply respond "Why don't you"?
flatsqwerl

flatsqwerl
PostWed Oct 21, 2020 11:23 am 
On my way to Yellowstone a few weeks back, we stopped in Idaho at a large grocery store. We entered wearing our masks. Not one person in the store including the staff wore masks..but what was odd was when I approached the checkout spot the 2 checkers murmured to each other : " uh oh, Maskers..." They backed away slightly as I approached..... I felt like a super-spreader...haha!

Kascadia

Kascadia
PostWed Oct 21, 2020 11:38 am 
cdestroyer wrote:
sooooo,,, stay home, wear a mask, maintain at least six feet on social meets and wash your hands. read a book, play with the kiddies, watch tv, talk to your friends on the phone... thanks
And don't forget to show up here! Stay safe.

It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying: Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler