Forum Index > Trail Talk > Honk'n & Holler'n
Previous :: Next Topic  
seattlenativemike

seattlenativemike

PostTue Nov 03, 2020 12:56 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Kim Brown wrote:
Most drivers from Seattle aren't from Seattle. So it's not a Seattle thing.

Exactly...as a Seattle native, I've tried to clarify this for many people.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
rossb

rossb

PostTue Nov 03, 2020 2:09 pm 
Quote:
People from the east coast get angry, they (we, I still do this although I've lived here 20 years) let you know it. They honk, they flip you off, they move on.
People here pretend to NOT be angry and are then just passive aggressive about it- they slow down in front of you, ride your tail, drive right next to you, etc.

Honk your horn, gesticulate wildly then let it go.

I agree. I'm from Seattle, and I swear, people never use their horns. Even in a safety situation, they wait until death is imminent before honking. I guess I'm a weird Northwest native, in that I prefer the "East Coast style". Honk the horn, flip them the bird, then forget about it.

dixon wrote:
What saddens me most is that the backcountry used to be the last frontier of true "freedom" in this country and now these entitled city dwellers, most of whom are only out there to ensure that their "digital persona" has something to boast about, have successfully polluted the outdoors with their pre justice and the most toxic characteristics of our divided society.

I only know of one incident where someone was clearly pre-judging people, and demonstrating the most toxic characteristics of our divided society. It was on a blog. This guy got on, and claimed -- with no evidence -- that city dwellers had a sense of entitlement, or were only out in the wild to ensure that their "digital persona" was something to boast about. I thought it was pretty offensive. I felt like telling him off, but being from Seattle, I just made a passive aggressive statement.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108

Thundering Herd
PostTue Nov 03, 2020 2:36 pm 
wakerobin wrote:
People from the east coast get angry, they (we, I still do this although I've lived here 20 years) let you know it. They honk, they flip you off, they move on.
People here pretend to NOT be angry and are then just passive aggressive about it- they slow down in front of you, ride your tail, drive right next to you, etc.

Honk your horn, gesticulate wildly then let it go.

This hits it right on the head.  They are trying to teach you a lesson.  Impart their "wisdom".

I liked a bumper sticker I once saw:  "it was just a lane change!"

I moved (back) here from the east coast 30 years ago...but I have roots in deepest, darkest, dankest Washington - Aberdeen...my webbed toes prove it.  Mariner games were a challenge when I first got here, I was the only one heckling the opposing team.  On one hand it was great as they could actually hear me, on the other hand I was nearly run out of the stadium for heckling Rickey Henderson...when he was still with the A's.  That's when I realized that the M's sucked for a reason - no fan support.  A's fans were relentless in their heckling of opposing players. No foul language, just very witty insults.  That's just rude - yep!

--------------
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing"  - Albert Einstein
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Trail Talk > Honk'n & Holler'n
  Happy Birthday nwbobcat!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: