Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Please help me escape my tormentor
Previous :: Next Topic  
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight

coated in DEET
PostSun Nov 01, 2020 1:01 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
I have a very complete contacts list including all professionals (Dr,Dentist, Optometrist, etc).  I simply will not answer the IPhone if itís not a contact or identified person I know.

One quick push of the power button mutes the ringer.

Text messages are easily deleted by sliding sideways.

The amount of spam calls with spoofed numbers is just ridiculous, fortunately 80% donít bother with messages.

The current scams:
Apparently my Social Security account has been frozen at least ten times, and my Seattle City Light Account will be cut off (I have Puget Power).
Microsoft Tech Support calling on a weekend is comical, I sure you just need to give them remote access...

--------------
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...Ē  ― Henry David Thoreau
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Seventy2002

Seventy2002

PostSun Nov 01, 2020 1:55 pm 
The Danny Devito Way To Handle A Wrong Number...  NSFW
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Ski
><((((į>

Ski

><((((į>
PostSun Nov 01, 2020 2:19 pm 
^ up.gif

My old man handled crank calls in a similar manner:

"Judy went out to take a sh## and the hogs ate her."

--------------
"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. 
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph

PostSun Nov 01, 2020 6:26 pm 
Seriously though, hogs WILL do that!

--------------
Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Hesman

Hesman

PostSun Nov 01, 2020 7:04 pm 
Reading all the above posts, makes me think I am a rarity. I get so few spam phone calls and texts that I can count the number I get a year on one hand. And I have had the same phone number for almost 10 years for my cell phone. I used to get a lot of spam calls when I had a landline.

The last two I got were ones I hadnít had before. A Tacoma area phone number called with an automated recording saying that my Apple ID had been compromised and please press 1 to fix the problem. The other was a spam text message from a Dallas, Texas number saying I 3 past due claims on my credit report. I looked up both numbers on the internet and for each I found out that they were from scammers.

--------------
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. - Abraham Lincoln
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. - Dr. Seuss
Roly Poly

Roly Poly

PostMon Nov 02, 2020 8:21 am 
I have not had any Carmelita texts for 2 days.  The thing I donít understand is why my iPhone isnít filtering them into that ďotherĒ folder.  And why are they always addressed to Carmelita?  Are they trying to get you to click on a link to install a virus?  I donít understand the purpose of them.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Please help me escape my tormentor
  Happy Birthday Randy, jenjen, Brewmaster!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: