Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lil Blair Valley Lp w/surprise Pictographs, 02.23.20
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostSat Nov 14, 2020 8:26 pm 
Yes, I'm waaaaay behind on TRs. So many activities to fill my time these days (yes, despite Covid)! Anyway...... Here's a hike I did w/my group last Feb. This was a nice loop in ABDSP that involved hiking through washes, valleys, up 2 rocky peaks, & passing by some cool pictographs that I would later find out was not even known by some rangers in the park. We parked @ the end of one of the various dirt rds & continued hiking up the wash, eventually entering a couple of valleys that we hoped might have some interesting plants due to possibly being vernal pools in wetter times, but alas it was mostly the ubiquitous creosote.
TH
TH
We then moved on to hike up Pk. 3,899'. Froggy enjoyed the view w/us as well. cool.gif up.gif
Lichen
Lichen
We headed back down & south, coming upon some semi-secret faint pictographs. These were NOT the popular ones even further to the south.
Morteros
Morteros
We continued on, eventually picking up the Pictograph Trail where the well-known art is. wink.gif
We cut west & then NW, bagging Shake BM just before closing the loop to the car. dizzy.gif
Shake BM
Shake BM
Register
Register
Stats
Stats
And yes, we had margs afterward! hockeygrin.gif up.gif
Post-hike margs
Post-hike margs

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message