Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostWed Dec 02, 2020 2:57 pm 
Brucester wrote:
Do you have ideas on where you may have left it?
Here's where she "left" it.
kitya wrote:
Somewhere along the way, either going down cross-country or on the old road 210 I lost my nikon D7200 dslr camera with my favorite 18-400mm tamron lens frown.gif It was attached to my peak design clip, but maybe some branches pushed the buttons on the clip or maybe when I fell into snow, camera dropped somewhere. It was too dark and I was too exhausted to come back and search for it and Cookie was cold and miserable too.
It's a great idea for an outing--a treasure hunt. Though the snow may be much deeper by now. ~z

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
kitya
Fortune Cookie

kitya
Fortune Cookie
PostWed Dec 02, 2020 3:03 pm 
Brucester wrote:
That's a real bummer! Do you have ideas on where you may have left it? Maybe I should go look, a month ago I found Subaru/ Toyota keys/ house keys and a brand new GoPro Hero7 at Lake Keechelus. Luckily I found the owner of the Hero7 but the keys, not yet. Cyclopath you wanna join?
It is a bummer. It is really cool you found keys and hero7. But you did it before the snow. I think it is really hard to find a camera under the snow. I will try and go look for it next summer, when snow melts. Even if it doesn't work anymore, if I find it, I will be happy to remove trash from the forest. This is the gps map of my sad trip: https://caltopo.com/m/DLVQ I'm pretty sure i lost the camera somewhere in 0.5 miles between two points I marked, but unfortunately I don't know exact spot frown.gif

Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostWed Dec 02, 2020 3:58 pm 
An outing with Cookie should never be framed as a failure. Certainly in her eyes they are all successes.

kitya
Fortune Cookie

kitya
Fortune Cookie
PostWed Dec 02, 2020 6:58 pm 
Mike Collins wrote:
An outing with Cookie should never be framed as a failure. Certainly in her eyes they are all successes.
That is true! She certainly doesn't care about stupid metal objects you cannot even eat, like cameras!

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Dec 02, 2020 8:10 pm 
Cookie only cares about having an adventure and getting home safe. Maybe having a treat somewhere along the way. Trip reports from Annette Lake 3 days ago talk about snow on the upper half the trail and warn about potholes but not snow on the road. I know the part of the road where it looks like the camera might be is snowy, there were ski tracks a couple weeks ago. I've been wanting to ski that road, it's steep in places, the creek is pretty, it goes under a neat bridge. But how would I know if I went by the camera?