Forum Index > Pacific NW History > CCC map of camps, Fort Lewis district
Previous :: Next Topic  
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker

PostThu Nov 19, 2020 11:39 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Here's a neato map from the Everett Museum.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Dick B

Dick B

PostThu Nov 19, 2020 3:55 pm 
I was on a fire suppression crew on the Quilcene District during the summer of 1954. Our quarters were in what was left of the old CCC camp on Penny Creek. There were crew quarters on the north side of the road, and the cook shack on the south side. The crew quarters had a kind of day room with a ping pong table, and we each had our own rooms. Not bad digs, but the food wasn't anything to write home about. I think that summer was the last it was used.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker

PostThu Nov 19, 2020 5:35 pm 
I wonder if some of them turned into state parks?
jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy

PostThu Nov 19, 2020 7:11 pm 
The ‘Gold Creek’ camp, south of Twisp was located near Foggy Dew Campground on the North Fk. of Gold Creek - just across the road to Foggy Dew TH from the Campground.

There were ‘satellite’ camps at places like 8-mile on the Chewuch River north of Winthrop, at Lost River above Mazama, and (I think) up Twisp River near War Cr. campground.

hmmmm, now, thinking about it - The old Salmon Meadows Lodge, above Conconully (burnt down about 20 years ago) was a CCC effort.  So maybe there was a satellite camp over there from the Gold Creek camp? Or, would that satellite camp maybe have been a part of whatever District was east of Fort Lewis?

Nice map - thanks.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Pacific NW History > CCC map of camps, Fort Lewis district
  Happy Birthday Nomadic Alpine Piscator!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: