Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > coronavirus is out of control
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostMon Nov 23, 2020 8:14 am 
still a lot of people not wearing masks or even admitting there is a disease hospitals overflowing or turning away the sick over a million of us dead!!! anne elk wrote"Nobody's learned anything, I guess."

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Nov 23, 2020 11:07 am 
Yup. A group of high schoolers in Spokane had a "Homecoming" event/dance because they were tired of not having such things. Stay tuned....

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Nov 23, 2020 11:19 am 
This is going to get locked real soon, which is unfortunate but completely understandable in light of people in past threads about it. The sad part is that the virus isn't political, it's a stand of RNA and doesn't care. But some people early on made it political and it is now a flashpoint in the culture war. Everybody please be safe. Take care of yourself and others, follow your moral compass.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Nov 23, 2020 12:08 pm 
Luckily Social Distancing is pretty much a way of life for me now that I am retired. Some say the numbers are vastly inflated, that nearly all deaths are attributed to the virus since hospitals get paid for it. Some say why suddenly there are no deaths attributed to the "regular flu's" and other maladies? Hard to know what's real with the world we live in and the news media being what it is.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostMon Nov 23, 2020 1:26 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Some say why suddenly there are no deaths attributed to the "regular flu's
"During the 2019-2020 influenza season, CDC estimates that influenza was associated with 38 million illnesses, 18 million medical visits, 405,000 hospitalizations, and 22,000 deaths. " Maybe social distancing and masks are a way to keep regular influenza deaths down. The 2020-2021 flu season hasn't started yet. CDC Flu Stats https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospital-payments-and-the-covid-19-death-count/ https://www.aha.org/news/blog/2020-09-03-covid-19s-death-count-real-so-financial-strain-life-saving-hospitals Even in Indiana Not too hard to know, just need to be willing to challenge confirmation bias, and dig a little bit. Anything I hear that sounds so outrageous, even (especially) if it fits my confirmation bias, gets double or triple checked.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Nov 23, 2020 1:53 pm 
Some say the earth is flat.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Nov 23, 2020 4:52 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
since hospitals get paid for it.
Are you asserting that they treat flu patients for free? SMH

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostMon Nov 23, 2020 6:08 pm 
Uh, hospitals get paid for most everything and then some. There is no "free". Even the charity hospitals get paid via donations and tax dollars. Unfortunately, Okanogan County increased cases by 30 over the weekend. I plan to play hermit.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Nov 23, 2020 7:43 pm 
Randito wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
No, I have heard that hospitals get extra money when someone in their care dies from Covid.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostMon Nov 23, 2020 7:55 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Randito wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
No, I have heard that hospitals get extra money when someone in their care dies from Covid.
Well you might want to fact check things before reposting stuff. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/medicare-hospitals-covid-patients/ https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospital-payments-and-the-covid-19-death-count/

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostMon Nov 23, 2020 9:28 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Wouldn't hospitals just kill all the covid patients then?

MyFootHurts
Huge Member

MyFootHurts
Huge Member
PostMon Nov 23, 2020 9:30 pm 
cdestroyer wrote:
over a million of us dead!!!
They should have worn masks then.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostMon Nov 23, 2020 10:24 pm 
Randito wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
Randito wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
Well you might want to fact check things before reposting stuff. https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/medicare-hospitals-covid-patients/ https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospital-payments-and-the-covid-19-death-count/
Well you might have noticed the part where I wrote "I heard"...that signifies that I was not sure if it was actually true. Thanks for the clarification.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostTue Nov 24, 2020 1:02 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Well you might have noticed the part where I wrote "I heard"...that signifies that I was not sure if it was actually true. Thanks for the clarification.
Posting unverified rumors on the internet is lazy and irresponsible.