Forum Index > The Trading Post > Free: ACR ResQLink - Could Use Battery Replacement
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jared_j

jared_j
PostSun Dec 06, 2020 7:03 am 
I have an ACR ResQLink purchased in 2014, carried around lots, and never used. It is due for a battery replacement. It still functions and the battery is not dead. Marine Safety Services in the Magnolia neighborhood of Seattle will do this for ~$100. In lieu of the replacement, I've decided to get a Garmin to gain the flexibility of messaging. My perception is that the value of a used ACR ResQLink with plenty of battery life left is around the same cost as the battery replacement itself. Therefore, I just want to give this away to someone who wants it and is willing to incur the cost of the battery replacement. In these difficult times, I'd prefer the recipient of this to be someone who feels the need to carry a PLB but doesn't due to financial constraints. Givers can't be choosers, but I appeal to your better selves. Item is also located in the Magnolia neighborhood of Seattle, about a mile from Vertical World.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostTue Dec 08, 2020 8:22 am 
Annnnd I will be glad to pass it onto a newbie... Batt.are $....mine is due also.. Pm u...

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostWed Dec 09, 2020 8:47 pm 
I just retired my 7 year old ResQLink for a new one. I literally destroyed the old one because that's what I told NOAA I did. I found that it's relatively easy to take apart and someone with minimal mechanical ability could resource and replace the batteries themselves. I could have done it in theory myself, but since this device puts my mind at ease on all my outings I didn't want my hacking make me wonder whether it was really going to work if I needed it.

HikerJohn

HikerJohn
PostTue Dec 15, 2020 10:23 am 
Hey Jared, I have a ResQLink that I carry and it gives me great peace of mind. I have a young friend and his wife who regularly are going "off route" who I think would be delighted to get this. Can I arrange to come get it for them? (or let them know where to come pick it up? Or perhaps even send you some $$$ to mail it?) Thanks! Yours, John

Slim
This space for rent

Slim
This space for rent
PostFri Dec 18, 2020 11:08 am 
I have one that I'm happy to donate to a good home. ~Slim

"Lean mean money-making-machines serving fiends"
Slim
This space for rent

Slim
This space for rent
PostWed Dec 30, 2020 1:39 pm 
Slim wrote:
I have one that I'm happy to donate to a good home. ~Slim
Mine has been spoken for..

"Lean mean money-making-machines serving fiends"
SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster

SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster
PostWed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 pm 
I know it's been a while but if anyone is still trying to offload one I'd be happy to take it and cover shipping. With all the off route I do I probably should get one eventually.

I may not be the smartest, I may not be the strongest, but I don't want to be. I only want to be the best I can be.