Forum Index > Trail Talk > Pandemic Backcountry Skiing Boom
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostTue Dec 22, 2020 10:09 am 
Too much "uphill" traffic at....The Loup! This is from their facebook page. Hey folks we have seen a lot of uphill traffic lately. Our policy is that this is only allowed when we are open and operating. We also are packing snow today and it needs 24 hours to set up. If you ski or ride on it it will leave ruts that will be hard to groom out. PLEASE STAY OFF THE HILL.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostTue Dec 22, 2020 5:35 pm 
rossb wrote:
kiliki wrote:
Years ago my experiences at shared sno-parks turned me off permanently to using them--again, not because snowmobilers were doing anything wrong, but it was just so unpleasant to be exercising while they were constantly passing.
Exactly. This is what I was getting at. It isn't just me. It is practically everyone.
They break the feeling of tranquility. And the tracks generally aren't ideal to ski on. Better than a fresh dump though. The important thing, to me, is that there really should be more places set aside for skiing, and more groomed trails areas for skiers who like to work hard and go fast.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message