Forum Index > Trail Talk > Snow shoeing article in the Seattle Times.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Joseph
Joseph

Joseph
Joseph
PostSat Dec 19, 2020 2:17 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
You kids get off my lawn!
Is that a comment on the Seattle Times article sending people to avalanche prone areas?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ChanceShowers

ChanceShowers
PostSat Dec 19, 2020 4:29 pm 
Downhill wrote:
I can't imagine sending inexperienced winter hikers/snowshoers to Source and Snow Lakes. Ridiculously irresponsible.
I totally agree. On any given day that route might be fine. Might be. But there is a lot of risk, and inexperienced snowshoers don't know what they don't know.

Secret Agent Man

Secret Agent Man
PostSat Dec 19, 2020 5:05 pm 
Joseph wrote:
yep. More selfy taking millennials and their fur babies. I think social media is more the culprit. I recall an intern at my office - from Indiana - that was all excited and telling me about this hike she's going on memorial day weekend. She wasn't an experienced hiker or climber either. The hike? Enchantments via Aasgard pass. I convinced her to do a different hike and maybe try Enchantments later in the season at least when the snow up Aasgard had melted.
Always the fault of those kids! Back before Instagram nobody ever did hikes they weren’t prepared for, or burned and buried their trash, or torn up areas like Tuck and Robin Lakes, or jackhammered the Enchantments so that a permit system had to be put in place. Yeah, all those things have only happened since 2010, and millennials are to blame - not the baby boomers, who are perfect stewards of the wilderness and are not the generation who let our the future of our climate be destroyed so that they could continue to enjoy cheap gasoline and housing.

Joseph
Joseph

Joseph
Joseph
PostSat Dec 19, 2020 6:50 pm 
Secret Agent Man wrote:
Joseph wrote:
yep. More selfy taking millennials and their fur babies. I think social media is more the culprit. I recall an intern at my office - from Indiana - that was all excited and telling me about this hike she's going on memorial day weekend. She wasn't an experienced hiker or climber either. The hike? Enchantments via Aasgard pass. I convinced her to do a different hike and maybe try Enchantments later in the season at least when the snow up Aasgard had melted.
Always the fault of those kids! Back before Instagram nobody ever did hikes they weren’t prepared for, or burned and buried their trash, or torn up areas like Tuck and Robin Lakes, or jackhammered the Enchantments so that a permit system had to be put in place. Yeah, all those things have only happened since 2010, and millennials are to blame - not the baby boomers, who are perfect stewards of the wilderness and are not the generation who let our the future of our climate be destroyed so that they could continue to enjoy cheap gasoline and housing.
Nice - you get the strawman post of the year award.

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Dec 19, 2020 11:57 pm 
Joseph wrote:
I think social media is more the culprit
Joseph wrote:
Is that a comment on the Seattle Times article sending people to avalanche prone areas?
You don't even need other people to argue, you can just disagree with yourself!

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostSun Dec 20, 2020 1:35 am 
No more un'ppropriate users of MY locations. Get em out keep em out. Like I've always said: Figufe out your lane!!! THIS LANE IS MINE!!