Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostFri Dec 25, 2020 10:47 am 
Kim Brown wrote:
If you ever have the opportunity to help someone through - do it. Caring for someone during their time is appreciated by them, and a salve to those of us left behind. Wisdom in enhanced, and conversations you never had before come up, and the frank discussions may cause you to change your outlook on one thing or another.
I sat on the deathbed of my sister-in-law, Kathy, for two hours, two days before she died (pulled the plug), talking to her, listening to her give instructions to her family, telling them where to find things, asking them to finish things she hadn't. For all the years we'd been related, until that day I'd never known what a remarkable person she was. ..... Kim has the right of it: get involved. I was lucky enough to be involved with Kirsten. More Cowbell and I never hiked together; our interests in that area were very different. But, everywhere else, our lives kept intersecting. I went to her concerts (and learned to appreciate the flute). I contributed to some of her book-jams, and got to know some other NWHikers better in the process. I accepted her invitation to eat at the restaurant she worked at over on Lake Washington (I've forgotten its name) and enjoyed the seafood. Involvement. ..... Kirsten was indeed a remarkable person and she made my life better by being part of it.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message