Forum Index > Trip Reports > Wonderland Trail in 3 Days VLOG
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
williswall
poser

williswall
poser
PostFri Dec 18, 2020 4:19 pm 
In 2009 I authored a journey of Mt. Rainier’s Wonderland Trail in 3 days involving pain and suffering. That series is segmented into each day as I talk to the camera and chronicle my sojourn. I was not in good shape that year and endured a bit of suffering, finally finishing on day 3 at 2:20 AM. What a difference….I did the same 3 day journey akin to the series I accomplished in the 90’s, only this time at age 65. However, being recently retired, I had some mileage under my belt and 11 more years of experience. This time around I’ve authored this journey (with some reminiscing) over 3 days with a shoulder mounted GoPro. With age comes wisdom, and this transit was essentially much easier than 2009….although the days were still long, coming in at 17 hours each. Viewer beware….this video is 50 minutes long, so prepare for a lengthy view of my Wonderland Trail hike #32. Perhaps this time of year looking at the scenery on the Wonderland might offer a distraction? https://www.williswall.com/wonderland-trail-in-3-days-2020-32

I desire medium danger williswall.com
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Blowdown
Sawin' Logs ...

Blowdown
Sawin' Logs ...
PostSat Dec 19, 2020 8:41 pm 
29:20: "I might not get there until 11 pm. That’d make for an 18-hour day ... The days are getting a little long ... need to revisit this 3-day thing as I get older ... might just become untenable.” Ya think?! eek.gif You, sir, are legend! Outstanding effort number 32 and video! Thank you for the inspiration. up.gif up.gif

Dansjolseth

Dansjolseth
PostSun Dec 20, 2020 2:53 pm 
Thanks for the effort and the great video. I would have the endurance to do it in 3 days but don't think the joints would wink.gif

marydave
Musical Hikers

marydave
Musical Hikers
PostSun Dec 20, 2020 4:05 pm 
That brought back good memories from my (much slower) circumnavigation in 2013. Hats off for completing and documenting #32!