Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > RIP Gertrude
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
stever

stever
PostSat Dec 19, 2020 3:36 pm 
Might be before some people's time here but for those of us of a certain age she (he) was part of our daily routine. https://mynorthwest.com/2381173/northwest-tv-legend-bob-newman-died/

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Waterman

Waterman
PostSat Dec 19, 2020 4:16 pm 
That was some show! Very much doubt the cast could get away with it today. Seemed perfectly normal and non controversial.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Dec 19, 2020 6:12 pm 
one of a kind for sure.
and they did it without any scripts. for years. every day. twice a day. amazing. sure miss that I.C.U.2.T.V.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Damian

Damian
PostSat Dec 19, 2020 8:04 pm 
Directed by my best friend's uncle, Joe Towey. Joe played multiple characters on the JP Patches show as well as The Count on KIRO's long running Nightmare Theater. The ICU2 TV set was an iconic faux technical prop consisting of a simple hollowed out TV set chasis they likely got at the Dearborn Goodwill. It was a time when everybody's dad or neighbor worked at Boeing and aerospace acronyms were commonplace dinnertime verbaige. Chris Wade was and remains a local hero from an unrepeatable era when local trusted voices spoke from a fluttering blue screen and the world was smaller. Seattle paused the day Chris was hospitalized from a traffic accident. Chris regretted the Seattle Times publishing an image of him injured and out of character.

half fast

half fast
PostSun Dec 20, 2020 9:28 am 
Ski wrote:
sure miss that I.C.U.2.T.V.
Me too... Although I could never figure out how come he never noticed me... LOL JP Patches and I am pretty sure Gertrude were at an even that I was at as an adult. They were giving out autographed photos and the line full of little kids was quite long. I couldn't help myself and got in line as well despite being the tallest "little kid"... It was to fun and I got my signed photo smile.gif

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSun Dec 20, 2020 1:39 pm 
I met Bob a few times. When he was still tooling around Ballard in that canary Corvette he was an entertaining regular at my coffee stop, Java Jahn. The car had vanity plates but I can no longer recall what they said. Probably something like "Tweety". But the JP Patches show went off the air the year before I got here. Condolences to his extended family.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood