Forum Index > Trail Talk > Break ins on Coal Creek Trailhead
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Dec 23, 2020 7:49 pm 
6-7 cars had their windows broken at the lot at the intersection of Coal Creek Parkway and Forest Drive, according to the Next Door App. Trail is popular now that high country is snowy. Took place a couple days ago.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostWed Dec 23, 2020 8:15 pm 
mad.gif Coal Creek is the new Eightmile.

cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostSat Dec 26, 2020 4:29 pm 
My kid left a bag in a car at a Cougar trailhead last week. It's been a painful learning experience because of what was stolen. A King Country Sheriff returned her wallet in person on Christmas Eve. It was empty except non-money related items, but did include her passport, which would have been a pain to replace. Notably, he said that the break-ins were happening "pretty much every day" at that trailhead (not sure which one it was). It's certainly personal for me now, as it was my great-grandfather's ring that was taken, but still I'm having a very hard time sorting out how something happening 'almost every day' doesn't quickly lead to people getting arrested. Certainly it could...seems like a matter of priorities arguably misplaced.

If not now, when?
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Dec 26, 2020 4:42 pm 
^ because law enforcement and local prosecutors are not pursuing property crimes at present, and the bad guys are fully aware of that fact.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Dec 26, 2020 8:45 pm 
cascadeclimber wrote:
Notably, he said that the break-ins were happening "pretty much every day" at that trailhead (not sure which one it was).
I don't know about that -- I regularly use the Coal Creek, Red Town and Sky Country and trailheads and I have not observed broken glass -- I haven't been to the Coal Creek parking lot since this reported incident -- I suppose it now has "sparkly gravel"

Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostSun Dec 27, 2020 7:18 am 
My car window was smashed at Coal Creek a couple of months ago. I don't really keep anything in the car but they did steal my wife's sunglasses. My posture is that you are going to meet A-holes in your life. You are lucky when they don't hit you on the head or shoot you.