Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
kitya
Fortune Cookie

kitya
Fortune Cookie
PostSun Jan 10, 2021 10:54 pm 
Mountainfisherman wrote:
Checked out the sheep after spending much of the day out in the Wenas. Saw several groups of sheep, all ewes and lambs, none to close to the road-didn’t look like they were being fed.
Nice! Any photos? You are lucky you got to see them!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Mountainfisherman

Mountainfisherman
PostMon Jan 11, 2021 5:59 am 
I would have needed a much better camera than my phone and my lack of photography skills to get any good pics-they were not close. I AM lucky to live close enough to an area that I can go see wildlife any time I want to-have to work at it some days, but some days I can see sheep, goats, elk and deer on the same day. I probably take it for granted, and your comment reminded me that I shouldn’t do so.

SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster

SwitchbackFisher
Boot buster
PostWed Jan 20, 2021 3:02 pm 
Baldy Mtn in the yakima river canyon is another great spot to see the bighorns. And a great workout hike short and decently vertical. Sometimes when icy microspikes are nice to have for way down. I take the shortcut through the gate on the way up shorter steeper better workout, then go down the traditional trail. Good winter hike

I may not be the smartest, I may not be the strongest, but I don't want to be. I only want to be the best I can be.
kitya
Fortune Cookie

kitya
Fortune Cookie
PostWed Jan 20, 2021 4:36 pm 
SwitchbackFisher wrote:
Baldy Mtn in the yakima river canyon is another great spot to see the bighorns. And a great workout hike short and decently vertical. Sometimes when icy microspikes are nice to have for way down. I take the shortcut through the gate on the way up shorter steeper better workout, then go down the traditional trail. Good winter hike
You are killing me smile.gif Me and Cookie went to Baldy two years ago but also seen no sheep frown.gif https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8031069 Baldy is a very short hike though