Forum Index > Trip Reports > Anderson Mountain
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
chandlerhaberlack
chandler haberlack

chandlerhaberlack
chandler haberlack
PostThu Jan 07, 2021 7:43 pm 
Today I climbed Anderson Mountain, or I guess I should say mountain biked it. This winter weather has been really terrible lately. It's got me to hatch plans for a third trip down to the desert in the last 3 months just to escape it. Today there was a forecast for partly sunny skies so I knew I had to go out and do something. I took the standard road approach from Prairie Rd and managed to bike within a half mile of the summit. At that point the snow was too thick and crunchy to ride my bike through. I continued on foot, looking over my shoulder every now and again to make sure no big mountain cats were following me. At one point along the way, I managed to plunge my foot into a deep iced over pot hole which completely soaked my foot - classic. The turn off the road to the summit is actually pretty obvious. There's a gaping hole in the brush and a nice obvious trail the whole way up which surprised me. What surprised me more was the awesome view up top. Someone (I'm assuming the loggers) even hoofed a chair up there for people to enjoy the view from. Not bad! After hanging out for a bit and enjoying the scenery, I headed back down and to my bike for an awesome ride back to the car. What took me two hours to go up only took 13 minutes to go down. I think mountain bike approach peaks are quickly becoming my favorite Washington winter activity. If anyone's got any favorite winter mountain bike friendly peaks, let me know!
Did Bundy ever have any TRs of this mountain?
A view - who would've thought
Press X to flip

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RichP

RichP
PostThu Jan 07, 2021 7:57 pm 
chandlerhaberlack wrote:
If anyone's got any favorite winter mountain bike friendly peaks, let me know!
Lyman Hill just opposite is mostly bikeable, Lookout Mtn close to Bellingham, Silo just south, Haner nearby, Ten-Four near Monroe, etc.. When snow levels drop, bring snowshoes along.

chandlerhaberlack
chandler haberlack

chandlerhaberlack
chandler haberlack
PostThu Jan 07, 2021 8:04 pm 
RichP wrote:
Lyman Hill just opposite is mostly bikeable, Lookout Mtn close to Bellingham, Silo just south, Ten-Four near Monroe, etc.. When snow levels drop, bring snowshoes along.
Bunch of snow up on Lyman right now in addition to logging activity. I'll try and hit it this spring - maybe to fly off of too. Ten-Four was an awesome one for sure!