Forum Index > Trail Talk > Storm Report, Cable Line and Mailbox
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostSun Jan 17, 2021 6:44 pm 
Cable Line: I spent 4.5 hours last Wednesday cutting what I could with a hand saw. As of last Thursday there were seven suspended trees over it that required ducking under or going around, and three on the ground that were too big for a hand saw. All are reasonably passable. Mailbox: One large tree down over the trail in the flats just above the creek. A smaller one just past that. Surprisingly, that's it. Someone beat me to it with a hand saw and cleaned up the smaller stuff. Thank you. Hopefully someone with more chainsaw skills than me will tidy things up. Note: There are a shocking number of toilet paper piles along the trails. Please, if it doesn't grow there it's garbage. Drip dry or pack it out. The piles encourage others to pee in the same spots and they start stinking. I noticed a similar situation near the start of the Snow Lake trail at Alpental last summer. Let's all not be gross.

If not now, when?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Celticclimber

Celticclimber
PostSun Jan 17, 2021 7:12 pm 
I see the same little white piles on the Lk. Serene trail. Odd. Isn't. That those piles are left by females...Ya know the ones who we think/expect to be more 'tidy'. Peese, gals at least walk a little more away. And cover it over. Or best: Just drip dry. Like the women do that I've hiked with.

Live every day like you will die to-marrow. For some day that will be true.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message