Forum Index > Trail Talk > Help with Olympic PNT loop...good or bad idea?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Walkin' Fool

Walkin' Fool
PostMon Feb 22, 2021 2:10 pm 
Agree on all fronts! I backpacked from Deer Park --> Graywolf Pass --> Cameron Pass --> Grand Pass --> Badger Valley in 4 days last September. I camped at Falls Camp (meh), Dose Meadows (very nice), and Moose Lake (nice, but popular w/day hikers). There was a short stretch of pretty steep snow heading down Cameron Pass, even in mid-September. I would have much rather gone up Cameron Pass from the Cameron Basin side then down. It's a beautiful area worth exploring. Except for the quota lakes area in Grand Valley we saw very few people the entire trip, maybe 3 or 4, although it was a bit smoky from fires, which may have kept people away.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostMon Feb 22, 2021 3:26 pm 
= This is looking up towards Cameron Pass. You can see a few deer crossing the snowfield - that is the steep crossing point. There is a "path" that winds through the rubble to the left of where the deer are crossing. It eventually tops out at the top of the snowfield and is a pretty easy crossing. Where the deer crossed was very hard, steep snow...but they are experts with skills far beyond us 2 legged creatures. =

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message