Forum Index > Gear Talk > How do we plan our treks and navigate on the trail? - Sharing apps and all the tips and tricks
Previous :: Next Topic  
walkingnatureworld
Walking Nature World

walkingnatureworld

Walking Nature World
PostSat Mar 13, 2021 11:44 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
How do we plan our treks and navigate on the trail? -  Sharing what apps we use and all the tips and tricks

Watch the full video here:

In this video we are going to talk about how do we plan our treks and how do we navigate and stay on the right trek when we are hiking. We think that it is a pretty important topic to discuss and share our own tips and tricks about that. We will share all of our planning process when we are still at home, what programs and equipment do we use, and how do we stay on trek on the usual day of hiking. We hope this information will be useful for some of our fellow hikers and you will take something new from it.

Disclaimer: we don't have any affiliation with the brands and all items mentioned in the video were purchased by our own money.

What apps and resources do you love to use for planning your treks?

--------------
We are a young couple who loves hiking, nature walking and camping. We choose walking over driving and other types of transportation whenever we can. Also we have a Youtube channel where we're showcasing all our hikes.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr

TJ Zimmerman
PostSat Mar 13, 2021 2:57 pm 
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk

BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSun Mar 14, 2021 2:49 pm 
^^^^   ykm.gif  up.gif

--------------
"There are yahoos out there.  Itís why we canít have nice things."  - Tom Mahood
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
RobinBaker

RobinBaker

PostMon Mar 15, 2021 9:41 am 
zimmertr wrote:

The Walking Nature World video is definitely not spam, but your reply is!
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Kim Brown

Kim Brown

PostMon Mar 15, 2021 3:17 pm 
Not spam. They've been around awhile, and post relevant videos.

--------------
" I'm really happy about this! Ö I have very strong good and horrible memories up there."  Ė oldgranola, NWHís outdoors advocate.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath

Faster than light
PostTue Mar 16, 2021 10:59 am 
Suggestion.  Perhaps the moderators can decide whether this is allowed here or not, and let everyone know.  If they're allowed, we should be welcoming.  Instead of it being an argument every time they post.

I would think everyone would be happy there's someone who isn't competing with you for parking at Mailbox Peak.
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk

BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSun Mar 21, 2021 7:35 pm 
Pula and Cyclopath - We do have some PNW members who do TRs about their trips out of state or country, and some in our community (like GaliWalker) don't reside in the PNW, but the objective of this pair's posts - and pretty much all of their participation here, does seem to be aimed at driving traffic either to their site or getting YouTube clicks.  It does feel kinda "spammy". I assume Tom's seen their posts, and as a junior member of the moderator team, I'd prefer to defer; it's his site. "Technically" WNW isn't in violation of our terms of use. If anyone has strong feelings about it, maybe PM him. Buck passer, that's what I am.  tongue.gif

edit:  Hmmm.  Pula seems to have just removed his/her post.  rolleyes.gif

--------------
"There are yahoos out there.  Itís why we canít have nice things."  - Tom Mahood
pula58

pula58

PostMon Mar 22, 2021 11:08 am 
Hi Anne,
Yeah, I removed my post because I just had two teeth pulled, in pain, drugged, and felt it might be wise to not post anything controversial in my current state of mind. But I agree with what you said about the WNW posts here, that  their posts seem like an advertisement, to draw traffic to their youtube page. Seems spammy to me.
neek

neek

PostMon Mar 22, 2021 12:16 pm 
29 likes so far - going viral, nwhikers style!  I am not sure why they've chosen to post here (and that French site), but it's kind of flattering if you think about it.  Maybe having better luck than on reddit?  To me the motivation doesn't seem commercial in nature (one could certainly rack up more than 26 twitter followers in the amount of time they've been doing it); maybe they just (correctly) think that cool people who might have interesting feedback hang out here.
Downhill

Downhill

PostTue Mar 23, 2021 8:28 pm 
While the posts do seem like self-promotion on the surface, I think most of the videos could be helpful to many viewers on NWH, especially those who are newer to the outdoors.  We all started somewhere, some fortunate to have been raised by parents/siblings and others by the old (pre-Google) school of hard knocks.  But not everyone interested in outdoor life has been fortunate enough to get a 1st-hand transfer of knowledge. I don't have an issue with their posts as they have been presented so far.
BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon

PostSat Mar 27, 2021 11:45 pm 
I am OF the 'pinion that its one of these internet-based virus hacker web virus internet things postin these vids. One of them "artificial intelligents"

--------------
YOU NEVER KNOW!!