Forum Index > Trail Talk > SR 165 to Mowich Lake
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
neek

neek
PostWed May 19, 2021 12:38 pm 
bonobo wrote:
You might want to think about those of us who live in Carbonado. We have absolutely nothing to gain from a huge parking lot. We are a residential community with no businesses to support. Sounds terrible to me.
Appreciate the insight. Obviously it's not on the table anyway. Point is I don't think people's expectation of being able to drive on a smooth road to any mountain they want to climb and find ample parking is reasonable. Glacier Peak would be even more mobbed for example if it wasn't now more of a commitment. Fwiw I have a special connection to the area (grandparents met at the orthodox church in Wilkeson and I've spent some time there) and definitely want what's best for the community.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
bonobo
Owl Juggler for rent

bonobo
Owl Juggler for rent
PostWed May 19, 2021 1:52 pm 
neek wrote:
bonobo wrote:
You might want to think about those of us who live in Carbonado. We have absolutely nothing to gain from a huge parking lot. We are a residential community with no businesses to support. Sounds terrible to me.
Appreciate the insight. Obviously it's not on the table anyway. Point is I don't think people's expectation of being able to drive on a smooth road to any mountain they want to climb and find ample parking is reasonable. Glacier Peak would be even more mobbed for example if it wasn't now more of a commitment. Fwiw I have a special connection to the area (grandparents met at the orthodox church in Wilkeson and I've spent some time there) and definitely want what's best for the community.
I 100% agree with that. Also, that church is amazing and I have been suprised how many people have a connection! I have only lived here for 3.5 years (after a lifetime in seattle) so I'm always learning. I teach high school in Kent and one of my paras was Russian and super familiar with the church. Sometimes it's a small world!

altasnob

altasnob
PostSun Aug 15, 2021 5:58 pm 
Road to Mowich was the best I have ever scene it. Allowed folks to drive fast. So fast, we passed a car flipped over in the ditch on the way down. Lots of fire trucks heading up in Wilkeson and assume they were heading up to assist. Not sure how they plan on turning the giant fire truck around on that road. Hope the driver is alright.

neek

neek
PostSun Aug 15, 2021 10:39 pm 
Sounds like we missed the fun. In at 7am, out at 7pm. My first time on the road. Seemed fine, don't know what everyone's complaining about smile.gif

thunderhead

thunderhead
PostWed Aug 18, 2021 5:21 am 
Just picked up a few nails in my right tires on this road.