Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > out of stock
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Sep 21, 2021 8:59 pm 
Bedivere wrote:
Went to buy some cheap 2x4s for a project - Don't need the nice ones, just the yucky cheap ones will do. Usually a couple bucks a piece. Walked down the lumber aisle past the $6.25/ea boards and didn't see anything else so asked one of the employees where the cheap 2x4s are. He pointed me back down the aisle I'd just come up. "You mean the $6.25 ones?" I asked, incredulously. "Those are as cheap as they get" he said.
I needed about a dozen 2x4x12's about a month ago, went to Lowes, they were about $12 each, so went to Ho Depot and found them for less than $8, the quality sucked but it was just for a lean to small carport so they work.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Sep 21, 2021 9:22 pm 
Shitake and Oyster mushrooms Hong Kong Market 09/09/21
Shitake and Oyster mushrooms Hong Kong Market 09/09/21
shitakes $8.99 / pound Hong Kong Market shitakes $12.99 / pound Central Co-Op shitakes $14.99 / pound Harbor Greens they all had them in stock on the 9th, which was the last day I bought mushrooms. since then we've been picking chanterelles. these apparently grow locally... we're going to keep our eye out for some of these:
Lobster Mushroom (Safeway 09/21/21 $36.99/pound)
Lobster Mushroom (Safeway 09/21/21 $36.99/pound)
supposedly we have a shortage of almond milk this week? (Forbes Magazine says they're ripping out almond trees in California because of the drought.) I think the biggest wrench in the gears is lack of manpower to drive trucks, unload trucks, move freight, etc.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSun Sep 26, 2021 1:02 pm 
I just came back from the West Seattle Farmers Market. That grower I mentioned earlier definitely has Shitake mushrooms. He had a larger size and a standard size. They were around $7 and $6 packages. Sorry I can't remember the units of measure. He also carried Shitake mushroom growing kits. Here is the grower--Sno Valley Mushrooms. ~z

Anne Elk
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostSun Sep 26, 2021 2:08 pm 
Ski wrote:
shitakes $8.99 / pound Hong Kong Market
Ski, that price is an amazing discount. Hope you loaded up. Re the lobster mushroom - I finally tried them for the first time not long ago. I was skeptical about taste because in their raw form they appeared only slightly less "woody" than a conk. But they're fabulous sliced thin & sauteed in my usual way. They really color up the oil/butter too, so I suppose they're a good 'shroom for fabric coloring.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood