Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > There was probably? life on Mars
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostWed Apr 14, 2021 10:26 pm 
There's evidence Mars went through a "great oxygenation event" where its atmosphere went from essentially no oxygen to enough to rust. On earth, this was caused by life discovering photosynthesis. There's no other known way for so much O2 to accumulate in a planet's atmosphere. Big grain of salt at this point though. Many people are aware that Mars is cold and dry now, but ~ 3.5 billion years ago, it was warmer and wetter. It was warm enough to allow the formation of river channels, lakes, and minerals that formed by interaction with water. Scientists who have used mathematical models to constrain the conditions of an early Martian atmosphere, have concluded that greenhouse warming occurred, but they also concluded from their models that the greenhouse must have included reduced gases rather than carbon dioxide, implied that a reducing atmosphere might have existed. Yet until now, there has not been any evidence that the reducing atmosphere of early Mars actually occurred. This work indicates that it did exist. Assistant Professor Dr. Ryan MCKENZIE from Research Division for Earth and Planetary Science is also impressed by these findings. “This is a rather remarkable study with findings that will significantly impact how we understand the early evolution of terrestrial planets and their surface environments. The transition from a reducing to oxidizing atmosphere on Earth ~2.5 billion years ago was only possible because of the existence of life, as oxygen is a waste product of metabolic processes like photosynthesis. Without microbes producing oxygen, it would not accumulate in our atmosphere, and we could not be here. While there are certainly differences in the local conditions Mars and Earth have been subjected to during their evolutionary histories, my mind can’t help but start thinking about what Jiancheng’s results may mean for a potential early Martian biosphere,” Dr. McKenzie remarked. https://scitechdaily.com/planetary-scientists-discover-that-mars-underwent-a-great-oxygenation-event-billions-of-years-ago/amp/

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Apr 14, 2021 11:01 pm 
Interesting theory, although likely impossible to prove. I know this is not a popular opinion, but imo space travel is a huge waste of money, but I suppose given the vast amount of money that is wasted, it's a drop in the bucket.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Apr 14, 2021 11:29 pm 
Mars was the genesis of life in our solar system, DNA came from extraterrestrial meteorites, and grew. As earth cooled termites from Mars seeded earth. Mars then withered prove me wrong.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostThu Apr 15, 2021 6:38 am 
humans did not begin here on earth! prove ME wrong!

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Apr 15, 2021 9:11 am 
Ok. What do you think could fill a while planet's atmosphere with oxygen other than living things?

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostThu Apr 15, 2021 10:36 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
waste of money
just another false scarcity item, like diamonds, food and oil. We have more than enough "wealth" to take care of everything here on earth, but our "evolutionary" desires to kill the weak keep us from really following in Jesus's footsteps. Indentured servitude makes the economy go 'round. Many Humans react to possible extraterrestrial life like a 3 year old being told he/she will be getting a new baby brother/sister. NO! I'M THE ONLY CHILD! There can't be any others, God only loves me! I'll kill anyone who says otherwise. Such toddler arrogance. crybaby.gif

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Apr 15, 2021 11:18 am 
Cyclopath wrote:
Ok. What do you think could fill a while planet's atmosphere with oxygen other than living things?
God.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist

Anne Elk
BrontosaurusTheorist
PostThu Apr 15, 2021 12:41 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I know this is not a popular opinion, but imo space travel is a huge waste of money...
I've been impressed by the amazing accomplishments and discoveries made by all the other tools that scientists have deployed over the last few decades: the many probes, planet landings and rovers, amazing photography, instrument analyses, even landing on fast moving targets (comets and asteroids). We've accomplished so much with remote exploration, it's hard to see what could be gained by sending people out there, probably at more risk and expense. Not enthusiastic about the "final frontier" POV.

"There are yahoos out there. It’s why we can’t have nice things." - Tom Mahood
cdestroyer

cdestroyer
PostThu Apr 15, 2021 1:55 pm 
oh boy! here we go! religion!!

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Apr 15, 2021 4:52 pm 
cdestroyer wrote:
oh boy! here we go! religion!!
"God" does not necessarily denote a "Religion" per say....mine is the God of Thunder and Rock and Roll, so....

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Apr 15, 2021 5:08 pm 
Of course there was life on Mars! Any dummy knows that! And James Churchward was right - there most certainly was a huge continent of Mu in the Pacific Ocean, and Pytheas of Massalia provided irrefutable evidence of the island of Thule. You people just need to change the channels you're watching and get away from that "conspiracy theory" nonsense.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostThu Apr 15, 2021 5:21 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Cyclopath wrote:
God.
Sounds pretty far fetched. Does Mars have its own god, or is the Earth one working overtime? Did he she it they forget the planet next door and let it wither? confused.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Apr 15, 2021 6:33 pm 
Cyclopath wrote:
Chief Joseph wrote:
Cyclopath wrote:
God.
Sounds pretty far fetched. Does Mars have its own god, or is the Earth one working overtime? Did he she it they forget the planet next door and let it wither? confused.gif
God created all and only God knows the answers to your questions. Some things just need to be taken on faith... or not, we all have a choice.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostThu Apr 15, 2021 9:20 pm 
Mu? As in, it was inhabited by the Muons. Back to your hootch of choice.
Ski wrote:
Of course there was life on Mars! Any dummy knows that! And James Churchward was right - there most certainly was a huge continent of Mu in the Pacific Ocean, and Pytheas of Massalia provided irrefutable evidence of the island of Thule. You people just need to change the channels you're watching and get away from that "conspiracy theory" nonsense.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Apr 15, 2021 10:26 pm 
Pyrites wrote:
Mu? As in, it was inhabited by the Muons. Back to your hootch of choice.
Not sure about "Muons". It's been a long time since I read it. You can get it in paperback from Amazon for only ten bucks: https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Continent-Mu-James-Churchward/dp/193188272X I got my copy for free from my grandfather when I was about 12. He thought it was something I should read. Believe it or not, Churchward had a huge following and wrote a couple more books as follow-ups. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Churchward Like "Q-anon", some people will believe anything. Even the idea that there's life on Mars. dizzy.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."