Forum Index > Trip Reports > Buckhorn Mountain 9/11-9/12
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
JasonK806

JasonK806
PostWed Sep 15, 2021 4:34 pm 
Decided to do a simple overnight trip last weekend even though the weather was looking a little wet but possibly some clearing on Sunday. The Upper Big Quilcene trail is in good condition and it was a nice relaxing grade up to Marmot pass. Camp Mystery was fairly full when I passed it around 3pm but it didn't matter to me as I was headed to point 6294 just south of the pass. After I got my tent setup it started to lightly rain so stayed in my tent to read, but then it cleared into the evening and got in some stargazing.
What a great view
What a great view
Poked my head out of the tent at 6:30AM and saw there was some clearing but Buckhorn was still socked in so I hit the snooze for another hour, no complaints as it was a chilly morning up there.
This was just the simple trip I was looking for, didn't even bring a stove for once, morning coffee would have been nice but sometimes simpler is better, and lighter.
Can you see the tent below?
Can you see the tent below?

RodF, silence, runup, IanB, Hesman, ozzy, Olympic Hiker, RichP, jaysway, reststep, neek
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Blowdown
Sawin' Logs ...

Blowdown
Sawin' Logs ...
PostFri Sep 17, 2021 6:53 pm 
Great effort, report, and photos. up.gif up.gif Not often the weather cooperates like that!

JasonK806
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message