Forum Index > Trip Reports > Alpine Lakes Traverse: Myrtle Lake to Chetwoot Lake to Necklace Valley - 8/22-26/2021
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Trailcat

Trailcat
PostMon Sep 13, 2021 1:23 pm 
When two friends kindly offered to do trailhead drop-off and pick-up duty for us, Eileen and I took the opportunity for a one-way, five-day high traverse through the Alpine Lakes Wilderness. We started at Dingford Creek Trailhead on the Middle Fork Snoqualmie River and ended at Necklace Valley Trailhead on the Foss River---two points that are quite far apart by car. Along the way, we saw a lot of beautiful lakes and managed to tuck in three nice summits. A full trip report with photos and maps can be found at the following link: https://trailcatjim.com/alpine-lakes-traverse-2021/ Below is a daily trip synopsis and some representative photos. Day 1: Hike up to Myrtle Lake in drizzle, bushwhack through wet brush, and scramble up to Big Snow Lake / Snowflake Lake. Day 2: Scramble up Big Snow Mountain in fog (no views), then descend to Gold Lake in clearing weather. Day 3: Hike up to Wild Goat Pass, scramble up Wild Goat Peak in sunny weather, descend to Chetwoot Lake, and hike over to Azure Lake. Day 4: Hike up to Iron Cap Lake, scramble up Iron Cap Mountain, descend to Iron Cap Pass, and hike up to Tank Lakes. Day 5: Hike down to Necklace Valley and out to the Foss River.

Route Loser, contour5, kw, Prosit, jstern, rubywrangler, Tom  KascadeFlat
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
KascadeFlat

KascadeFlat
PostMon Sep 13, 2021 2:19 pm 
That was a delightful Monday afternoon "wish I was hiking" read. I was intrigued by the photo of the giant granite slabs and clicked through to your blog for more context which was a enjoyable read! Great TR and sounds like a lovely time. up.gif

For a good time call: 1-800-SLD-ALDR.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message