Forum Index > Trip Reports > Larching Ingalls, 10/04/21
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kenji

Kenji
PostWed Oct 06, 2021 11:45 am 
Ditched an overnight plan due to the changing forecast, my daughter and I risked overcrowded Ingalls for easy larch viewing. Despite being Monday morning, there were so many cars! The lot was already full at 10am, we joined many parked along the road. I can't imagine how crowded any weekend may be, felt bit bad being a part of overcrowding already popular destination. We passed about half dozen hikers before the pass, then some more. Once at the lake, we hiked counterclock-wise starting over the rocky hump and saw few people for the rest of our day. Larches were golden in Moonlight Basin and majestic Stuart and deep blue lake, I see why this is so popular. I've visited this area many times on snow, but this was my 2nd time in dry season.
After a leisurely stroll around the lake, we did a half loop over South Peak managing back to our car w/o a headlamp. We were the last one on the trail. There were about half dozen cars left by over-nighters.

rubywrangler, RAW-dad, MangyMarmot, Cyclopath, Nancyann, Slim, jaysway, half fast, neek  awilsondc
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message