Forum Index > Trail Talk > What are you favorite hiking related youtube channels?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostFri Oct 15, 2021 2:29 pm 
I have been watching a bunch of stuff from Europe. It's different in many ways; still it is relatable and also has some good production values. Here's Scotland Mountains ...
Here's Chasing Mountains ...
Here's Walk With Wallace ...
Here's RS Outdoors ...
There are many others, but these are the one's I have been particularly interested in lately. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostFri Oct 15, 2021 6:38 pm 
Gregory wrote:
For local hikes, all day hikes I adore Joe.... https://www.wta.org/news/magazine/features/hiking-through-grief
+1. I've never met Joe but have followed his reports through the years. He seems like such a kind and humble person. And it seems he may have found a new companion, which makes me so happy.

BigBrunyon

BigBrunyon
PostSat Oct 16, 2021 1:28 am 
These guys are weighted down upon by these big technology equipment bags!! These big technology equipment bags really become a burden doin these type endeavors. Always gotta go get the camera first before aggressing down the trail! Some of these big technology equipment bags begin to become quite heavy once you've invested heavily in carrying big technology equipment bags.

doublecrown

doublecrown
PostSat Oct 16, 2021 5:09 am 
For local hikes I enjoy Three Minute Hikes - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJJY2gHQmod3uoQlV8jQiHQ Of the hiking "influencers", Darwin still seems to have his heart in the right place, but I'm kind of over the whole "filming your long distance hike" thing.

RumiDude
MangyMarmot

MangyMarmot
PostWed Oct 20, 2021 2:38 pm 
OneHikeAWeek has some local hikes on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/OneHikeAWeek He often hikes with his dogs so many of these are dog friendly.

SpookyKite89
zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman

zimmertr
TJ Zimmerman
PostFri Oct 22, 2021 10:00 pm 
MangyMarmot wrote:
OneHikeAWeek has some local hikes on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/OneHikeAWeek He often hikes with his dogs so many of these are dog friendly.
John is awesome!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Oct 23, 2021 7:25 am 
Justin Barbour is good for a sufferfest. He canoes and portages around in Newfoundland and Labrador with his dog, Saku. He's definitely old school and cuts boughs for beds, but I think that's OK for where he goes. He also does a lot of fishing to feed himself and his dog. I've been watching Wander Women. They are old women who film their hikes and don't have any drama.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Jan 23, 2022 3:25 am 
Not necessarily hiking, but I've been following this advdenture channel for a few months. Really good stuff and look forward to a new episode each week. One of my favorite episodes so far with the ospery nest capture:

Bowregard

Bowregard
PostTue Jan 25, 2022 1:38 pm 
Good stuff Tom, I have watched some adventure videos centered about the Kimberleys in Northern Australia (including these two series) and at first I was a bit surprised that there wasn't more concern regarding the crocs (Being a PNW'r the thought of sleeping on a beach with Salties in the area makes me "uneasy" to say the least). but I did a little research and found that other than the model who was killed at Cascade Falls back in '87 croc incidents are rare. It is really wild country with a beautiful landscape completely different than what I have ever seen. These two seem to know what they are up to and after watching his parents come along for the first part of the adventure it gives you a sense that Strick has been taught well. I am looking forward to their visit of the Horizontal Falls but of course that spot has become a bit touristy. The rugged and remote areas all look like great fun until I realize how bloody hot is must be.

carppdiem
Man of Bronze

carppdiem
Man of Bronze
PostThu Feb 03, 2022 8:53 pm 
Not really hiking reports, but more-so climbing trips. Most of these adventures are in the Pacific NW and also contain some historic tidbits and details about each destination. I may be biased however as I participated in a number of these video outings. biggrin.gif https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHKcDvtnbgcAGH2tc5PJ2BA

"And I know it seems easy," said Piglet to himself, "but it isn't everyone who could do it."