Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > General Sports Officiating
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostThu Nov 18, 2021 1:55 pm 
This seems like it needs to be instituted in all sports: Agregious Officiating Errors Hold officials to the same level of scrutiny as the players. Another rule in real football I'd like to see implemented in US "football" is the ejection of a player for stopping an obvious score form occurring through fouling with no intention to "play the ball". obvious goal scoring opportunity Like pass interference after getting beat to prevent an obvious score, make it a "Red card" if they just out-and-out tackle the receiver before the ball gets there with no intention to play the ball, and with the ejection they will play with 10 men the rest of the game. Prevents those serious bad sportsmanship fouls, or at least puts a huge penalty on them. The loss of a player on the field is a great way to punish a team that cheats that way. Go ahead and take down the receiver who just blew by you, but you will get kicked out of the game and then there will be 10 men on defense the rest of the game. Is it worth it? In the first quarter?

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Nov 18, 2021 4:05 pm 
Soccer is kind of a joke to emulate if you consider how cards incentivize antics.

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostThu Nov 18, 2021 4:19 pm 
Tom wrote:
antics
like this: Flopflopflop how to deal with flopping

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
InFlight
coated in DEET

InFlight
coated in DEET
PostThu Nov 18, 2021 10:00 pm 
My son played premier soccer and center refereed some younger group aged games. Two side lines of parents that don’t know the rules but are happy to yell about every perceived violation are bad enough. Refereeing with a full stadium of people yelling about every perceived call is a difficult position. No referee group is going to call a perfect game in those conditions. There is such a flopping culture in soccer and basketball that makes it ridiculous to watch at times.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...” ― Henry David Thoreau