Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Lactofermented Chiles
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Alpendave

Alpendave
PostMon Nov 29, 2021 10:25 am 
Got a couple lactofermentation kits a couple weeks ago. My purple cabbage sauerkraut turned out very good. Also sliced up some Serrano peppers, jalapeños, and Anaheim’s and put them in with a quarter of a purple onion and some fresh garlic cloves. After a week in the cupboard, they were ready and had an incredible unique flavor that I recognized from something I used to love — Safeway Salsa Fresca. I used to love it until they started adding a bunch of cumin to it and ruined it. After what I made, I’m fairly certain that the Salsa Fresca from Safeway was made using the lactofermentation process, which gave it such a unique and awesome flavor. I was pretty bummed when they changed it, but now, I’m pretty sure I can recreate it and a fraction of the cost.

ale_capone
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ale_capone

ale_capone
PostSat Dec 04, 2021 8:22 am 
Once we hit September, our counter always has something fermenting. I like the fermented chilies. Have you tried making cortido? Also a quick ferment. Great on fish tacos. One of the weider things I do is fizzy tomatilios. Just normal ferment, but then seal them up before completely done. Finshishing under pressure forces the carbon dioxide into the fruit. Awesome in bloody marys... as is 90% of fermented things.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message