Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Closure of Recreational Fishing in the Quillayute River ONP 07/14/23
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jul 14, 2023 3:24 pm 
Friday July 14 2023 14:33 PDT Olympic National Park News Release Emergency Closure of Recreational Fishing in the Quillayute River System of Olympic National Park to Begin on July 15 To protect salmon populations in the Quillayute River system, an emergency closure of recreational fishing will begin on July 15 at 12:01 am. The following river systems within Olympic National Park will close to all recreational fishing until further notice: Quillayute, Dickey, Bogachiel, South Fork Calawah, Sol Duc, and North Fork Sol Duc Rivers and their tributaries. The rule change to close the entire Quillayute River system is based on existing low-water conditions coupled with salmon returns that appear to be well below the preseason forecast. The closure of park waters is consistent with existing closures of commercial gill-net and sport fisheries throughout Quillayute River system. All mountain lakes in the park remain open to recreational fishing. Olympic National Park sport fishing regulations for 2023-2024 are available on the park’s website at https://www.nps.gov/olym/planyourvisit/fishing.htm and anglers are encouraged to visit the website for future updates. -NPS-

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jul 14, 2023 3:40 pm 
IN OTHER NEWS.... * All of the coastal rivers within Olympic National Park are also closed to all recreational fishing. (Quinault, Queets, Hoh and all tributaries.) (I do not know the status of other Peninsula Rivers - check ONP website.) * WDFW* Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife close all salmon fishing in Commencement Bay and nearby waters yesterday. * I was posting these notices from WDFW in the WDFW News Releases thread, but the notices have become so innumerable I can't keep up. If you're planning on dropping a line in the water in Washington State, be sure to check the regs first!

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message