Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Looking for the map of statewide traffic cams.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSun Apr 03, 2022 12:59 pm 
I can't seem to find the map of all the Washington highway cameras with links to the cams. Did this one go away?
I have found this page which lists the individual cameras. But as far as a map goes, all I can see is this one which is wonky, super sensitive, and not as easy to navigate. Maybe this is a case of a recent "upgrade". (sigh) You don't realize how good something is until they take it away from you and make it less easy to use. Not to mention there are annoying ads on there to block the view. Why on earth does a state-operated website need commercial ads? In the scheme of things this is a minor annoyance of course. ~z

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Apr 03, 2022 1:24 pm 
https://wsdot.com/Travel/Real-time/Map/ Once the map loads, look at the "Legend" panel on the left side and toggle on "Cameras". The zoom in on the area of interest until the icons that show the count of cameras in an area change to individual camera icons.

Cyclopath
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSun Apr 03, 2022 1:57 pm 
Thanks, Randy. Yep, that's the one I found too. So it's a change from the older version. At least I was able to click out of the ads this time.

jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostSun Apr 03, 2022 9:51 pm 
There is this version, a compilation of both both private and several public agency cams: https://www.raincheck.cam/

Fedor, Joey, graffiti, bk
bk

bk
PostMon Apr 04, 2022 4:21 am 
The site no longer has traffic map archives (historical traffic-jam/flow patterns), which seems like a bad deal, to me. Maybe that could be petitioned to put it back online.... - - - My Feb. 2022 web-feedback form question: - - - Do the traffic map archives still exist on this website? - - - Their reply - - - From: WSDOT Web Feedback <WebFeedback@WSDOT.WA.GOV> Subject: RE: Webform submission from: Send us your feedback Thanks for the inquiry, We no longer provide map archives on the external website. We prioritized providing statewide traffic data with the redesign over having archival information. Thanks again, Jeremy

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostMon Apr 04, 2022 6:42 am 
jinx'sboy wrote:
There is this version, a compilation of both both private and several public agency cams: https://www.raincheck.cam/
Wow, jnx'sboy. That map is even handier than the WSDOT one. Much easier to navigate. I really appreciate it. ~z

jinx'sboy