Forum Index > Trail Talk > Spring 2022 More trail head break ins.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat May 07, 2022 8:32 am 
excellent idea. the inventor made the old striking tools obsolete. quite a creative guy- very prolific inventor out of Spokane.
Noxon / Noxon, Inc. DBA Spring Tools, 2921 No. University, Spokane, WA 99206 (also Spring Line Inc.) / http://springtools.shptron.com/ / est. 1993 / patent 5307741 May 3 1994 & 5426858 Jun 27 1995 & 5433007 Jul 18 1995 Emory J. Clark and Robert J. Warner / TM 86209086 Feb 11 2021 / center punches, nail sets / https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/mar/02/inventor-emory-clarks-swring-finds-therapeutic-app/ / https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/threads/spring-tools-noxon-inc-spring-line-inc-emory-j-clark-spokane-wa-01-15-22.492380/ / If you've ever climbed a ladder with your cordless drill and center punch to drill one hole into something and realized you'd forgotten your hammer, you will appreciate the genius of this device. Great tool. Yankee ingenuity is alive and well. up.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."

ChinookPass
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSat May 07, 2022 9:59 am 
Sure this information is out there. But do we want to publish it and make it yet more available? Is this helpful? Hopefully we can keep this thread lean and more about reporting the wave of incidents. ~z

Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat May 07, 2022 10:42 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
I would change that to "Doesn't always teach one...".....they are known as "Reformatories" and "Correctional Facilities"....and there are cases where it does actually happen, sure it's not common.
Prison is finishing school for criminals.

Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat May 07, 2022 11:02 am 
Cyclopath wrote:
Prison is finishing school for criminals.
The other challenging issue is that getting a decent job with a felony on your record is difficult or impossible. E.g. In many states a person with a felony cannot be licensed for profession, e.g. plumber, electrician, barber, etc. And even for lower level jobs employers are reluctant to hire someone with a record. A friend of mine runs an employment agency, some of the employers do hire felons who have served their time. However many do not and his policy at his agency is to avoid placing people with a felony record in any jobs where they would be working in someone's home. So "getting a second chance" is quite difficult. It is no excuse for committing new crimes, but I think if society's goal is reducing "habitual criminals" , providing them with path post incarnation where it's easier to be honest than to return to old habits is worth considering.

neek, Cyclopath
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat May 07, 2022 11:50 am 
Sure, it's difficult but not impossible, there are many blue collar jobs that will still hire a felon. But if someone does give them a chance, they had better not screw it up or they might not get another. I know a young guy who was caught up in drugs and crime, spent 3 years in correctional facilities and is now clean and sober and making good money detailing cars. He also is working the 12 steps and actually paid me back nearly 1k that he owed me. You guys talk like there is no hope for convicted felons, there is always hope, plus the majority of them don't have the skills or training to obtain higher paying jobs that require a license anyway. Some (I agree they are in the minority) are serving a purpose, working hard, and are productive members of society, so to me that's a win. There is hope for everyone that actually wants to work.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat May 07, 2022 12:41 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Sure, it's difficult but not impossible, there are many blue collar jobs that will still hire a felon.
We might be living inside a black hole, that's not impossible too.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat May 07, 2022 3:32 pm 
Damn you guys are negative! In America today there IS a job for EVERYONE that actually wants to work and that's a fact!

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

runup, cdestroyer, moonspots
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat May 07, 2022 3:36 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Damn you guys are realistic!
Fixed for accuracy. smile.gif

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat May 07, 2022 3:44 pm 
I have been referred to as a negative person, but you guys are out doing me. Being a felon is a handicap for sure but if someone really wants to work, it is there for them. I recall a female shopper at my store years ago who went shopping on her own even though she was crippled and could only walk with the assistance of two crutches. I also saw her at the bus stop frequently in Marysville. One day I was at the Everett library, and there she was, working. There is NO excuse for not working in this country today, no matter what your handicap.

day_hike_mike, cdestroyer, moonspots
bk

bk
PostSun May 08, 2022 8:51 pm 
Pine and Cedar Lakes, Sunday, May 8, 2022 (fresh broken glass) [edit] Yes, in Whatcom County...west-most area of Whatcom Co. https://www.wta.org/go-hiking/trip-reports/trip_report-2022-05-08-1604382133

zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostSun May 08, 2022 9:37 pm 
bk wrote:
Pine and Cedar Lakes
Whatcom County. Thanks, bk. ~z

breadcrumb

breadcrumb
PostTue May 10, 2022 5:24 pm 
I just discovered this site and this thread. I've been compiling my own list of incidents at trailheads. See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EupY8H1FiRBz9_xj7Ud7e6UpZsQFSqKMvysyZo3BCis/edit?usp=sharing

bk
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr
aka friendly hiker
PostTue May 10, 2022 8:10 pm 
jlowder wrote:
I just discovered this site and this thread.
Welcome to NWHikers. Lots to see and learn here. Thanks for joining this particular conversation. ~z

breadcrumb
timberghost

timberghost
PostWed May 11, 2022 5:48 am 
welcome to the site

breadcrumb
Seattle_Wayne

Seattle_Wayne
PostWed May 11, 2022 5:45 pm 
jlowder wrote:
I just discovered this site and this thread. I've been compiling my own list of incidents at trailheads. See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EupY8H1FiRBz9_xj7Ud7e6UpZsQFSqKMvysyZo3BCis/edit?usp=sharing
Nice to see you on here. Great job on Facebook so far.

Vesper Peak

breadcrumb