Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Gas is $5.75 a gallon in Seattle!
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Sep 23, 2023 10:27 am 
Jordan wrote:
Thank cyclopath too. He was the first bite. Hook, line and sinker.
It's hard to tell anymore. I was once unbelieving that people could believe some of the lies that have spread about. Meanwhile, we gotta worry about them space lasers aimed at us, and skools only teach how to spell USA. And I better fix my typo. I'm going on a bike ride.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities

Jordan
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Cyclopath
Faster than light

Cyclopath
Faster than light
PostSat Sep 23, 2023 10:48 am 
Jordan wrote:
I agree that it seems really cartoonish, but don't think that's what's going on here. Some people really did eat paint chips their entire life.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Sep 23, 2023 11:05 am 
Cyclopath wrote:
Jordan wrote:
I agree that it seems really cartoonish, but don't think that's what's going on here. Some people really did eat paint chips their entire life.
Such intolerance.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

Jordan
neek

neek
PostSat Sep 23, 2023 11:38 am 
NightOwl wrote:
Burn it down.
A lot of people feel like this and vote accordingly. Our life support systems are brittle and complex, with the profit motive pushing everything to the margins. When government and economies do collapse, however, mass suffering generally follows. Do you want that on your shoulders? Is it asking too much to simply fix what doesn't work well and not throw away hundreds of years of progress, or am I falling for the sunk cost fallacy?

Cyclopath
NightOwl

NightOwl
PostSat Sep 23, 2023 12:54 pm 
neek wrote:
NightOwl wrote:
Burn it down.
A lot of people feel like this and vote accordingly. Our life support systems are brittle and complex, with the profit motive pushing everything to the margins. When government and economies do collapse, however, mass suffering generally follows. Do you want that on your shoulders? Is it asking too much to simply fix what doesn't work well and not throw away hundreds of years of progress, or am I falling for the sunk cost fallacy?
People who feel like this tend not to vote (myself included). That's like voting for one of two mafia families and hoping they will clean up Gotham -- ridiculous. DC is the nexus of a worldwide empire of gangsterism, war, corruption, control freakery and BS that has brought untold suffering to the world. If that is "hundreds of years of progress", then progress is overrated. I have no problem with its immolation being on my shoulders -- it would be a badge of honor.

Jordan  Josh Journey, Chief Joseph
Jordan
y

Jordan
y
PostSat Sep 23, 2023 1:06 pm 
NightOwl wrote:
neek wrote:
NightOwl wrote:
Burn it down.
People who feel like this tend not to vote (myself included). That's like voting for one of two mafia families and hoping they will clean up Gotham -- ridiculous. DC is the nexus of a worldwide empire of gangsterism, war, corruption, control freakery and BS that has brought untold suffering to the world. If that is "hundreds of years of progress", then progress is overrated. I have no problem with its immolation being on my shoulders -- it would be a badge of honor.
Absolutley correct

none
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Sep 23, 2023 2:57 pm 
Mods must all be on vacation, lol. When the cats away....the mouse will play. biggrin.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.

Jordan
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSat Sep 23, 2023 9:09 pm 
NightOwl wrote:
Burn it down
I suspect this sort of attitude would dissipate quickly if social security payments were suspended whenever Congress plays stupid games with the budgeting legislation. But those payments are made and the media outlets that thrive on generating outrage gin up various nonsense stories to keep their viewers pissed. While the very very people will asserts over 10 Million USD laugh and enjoy the low tax rates while watching the folks with less than 1 million fight like dogs over the scraps.

Jordan
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Sep 24, 2023 9:12 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Mods must all be on vacation, lol. When the cats away....the mouse will play. biggrin.gif
Yep, some of us still hike around here. Good to see the usual suspects adding value to this site. Just a reminder this place is what you make it. Everyone think about that the next time you post.