Cakas132

Cakas132
PostTue Jun 22, 2021 5:22 pm 
hello!
MISSING hiker at Middle forks trail Snoqualmie, WA June 18th
I am messaging because I am involved in an active missing persons case, my friend has been missing since Friday, June 18. He went on a hike in Middle Fork Trail. Near Twin Falls in the Snoqualmie National Forest. There is an active Search and Rescue at this very moment. The Sheriff has informed me of posting in local Social Media groups for anymore potential leads of if anyone spotted him on the trail. if he has been spotted over the weekend. persons need to call 911 with Information of when and where he was spotted over the weekend. His name is Andrew Devers. Age 25 5 foot 10 inches Brown eyes Long dark brown hair to the middle of his back. Scruffy beard. Using a small Grey backpack. wearing Grey and blue boots.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
philfort

philfort
PostTue Jun 22, 2021 5:28 pm 
Sorry to hear about this. The Twin Falls trail is about 20 miles from the Middle Fork trail though. Which one is it?

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostTue Jun 22, 2021 10:16 pm 
Mid Fk. King Co SAR Facebook page has a notice posted.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
LisaG

LisaG
PostTue Jun 22, 2021 10:54 pm 
Middle Fork TH. Going over the suspension bridge. There must me someone that saw this man between Friday and Sunday?? Pratt River Trail?? Please Share if you have hiking friends whom might have been in the area over the past few days whom might recognize this man.

car68
Out on the skids

car68
Out on the skids
PostSun Jun 27, 2021 1:14 pm 
Found alive by a trail runner on the trail to the Pratt early this morning. Was packed out by SAR and transported to the hospital for observation. Thanks for all the good vibes.

I'm the guy 911 calls.

Kellbell, veronika, Slim, Cyclopath, jaysway, valleyjo, Mesahchie Mark, Bushwacker, runup, altersego, Kim Brown, Chief Joseph, HikingBex, reststep, sooperfly, zimmertr, Tom  awilsondc
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostMon Jun 28, 2021 8:11 am 
Glad they found him....but I have a question.. WHY is there never any specific comments about Exactly what the lost hikers have with them? Is this in the actual sar reports & can we access that public? Info.... They should have actual photos of what if anything the rescued people have taken with them.... I mean did he have a map?....where in the record is it noted exactly what these people were found to be carrying?? Clearly this guy needs to go through the GNOMIE. OLD SCHOOL training program... Seriously..put them on 2 trips with experienced people who can show them what the he'll they are supposed to be doing out there... Or they have to pay the 5k. For the search and endangering others.... Again great that he was found But seriously require them to go through a class/training!!

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostMon Jun 28, 2021 8:14 am 
I do notice in the pic.he has a day pack..that's a good sign..& yes I used to hike down from Pratt to the middle fork..so no suprise. he got turned around...

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon Jun 28, 2021 8:22 am 
forest gnome wrote:
WHY
Maybe no one knew. Give it a rest, please. No need to criticize. Please stop. Let the guy get lost and be found, in peace.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert

Obi Tony Kenobi, veronika, Bushwacker, runup, reststep, fourteen410, Cyclopath, car68, zimmertr, Randy
Slide Alder Slayer

Slide Alder Slayer
PostMon Jun 28, 2021 10:27 am 
The hiker was found today, something like 8 days later, living on river water and berries or so it was reported. Glad to hear it was a positive outcome.

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012

Trailhead
PCT Class of 2012
PostMon Jun 28, 2021 10:49 am 
Hike your own hike Gnome

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostTue Jun 29, 2021 6:19 am 
Get real there is no sense of critisizing..the question was very specific as to wether the information is written down in the sar. notes as to what lost hikers are found with.. We can all learn and pass along info to new hikers from others simple mistakes. Hence the comment of myself hiking that confusing terrain..dugh.. That's all ..try not to read too much into the intra Web typing people. And yes really glad they found him.... Maybe Kim or you can contact him and take him out for a multi day trip..that would be cool! Some one must be writing down notes on the rescues... And yes I stand by my idea of having some vollenteer program to take the rescued new hikers into a hiking/teaching situation....

moonspots
coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostTue Jun 29, 2021 8:37 am 
I was hiking up the Taylor river trail on Thursday and SAR was everywhere. They said the biggest problem was having to search every single trail option along the MFK. We ran into crews who were at Marten lake and up Quartz creek. Big command center in the huge parking lot. Probably a big lesson is to let people know where you are going so they can narrow the search area.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.

zimmertr
DadFly

DadFly
PostTue Jun 29, 2021 9:20 am 
There are so many directions this conversation could go. When I was in SAR the question of charging for searches came up about once a year (outside the SAR org). But when the statistics were reviewed the number of times SAR rescued someone who was right off the couch was overwhelming. Mom, dad, cousin Bob or all of the above decided they would go out and see what this outdoor hoopla was all about. Lost, twisted ankle or knee, heart issues, bee sting you name it. The profit potential is staggering! But SAR in Washington is 100% volunteer. The parks have their limited staff but they call in the SAR units for all big searches. The county sheriff offices have jurisdiction over the areas and the teams and will reimburse registered volunteers for lost or damaged gear but otherwise the expenses are covered by private donations. The new stories that provide info on "What you should carry and do" are inconsistent and usually after the fact - he is lost. We recommend that if you are going where he went take...etc. In closing, I always remember the story of the 4 year old girl who was missing for four days. It seemed like a certain kidnapping until she was found hungry and dehydrated under a log for shelter. She said that she could hear them yelling for her every day but she was too hoarse to yell back. Carry a whistle (and the ten essentials etc). Great advice. Very few follow it until they gain experience.

"May you live in interesting times"
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostTue Jun 29, 2021 9:37 am 
DadFly wrote:
In closing, I always remember the story of the 4 year old girl who was missing for four days. It seemed like a certain kidnapping until she was found hungry and dehydrated under a log for shelter. She said that she could hear them yelling for her every day but she was too hoarse to yell back
Boardman Lake?

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostTue Jun 29, 2021 9:40 am 
forest gnome wrote:
Maybe Kim or you can contact him and take him out for a multi day trip.
Terrible idea. I'm no model of a perfect hiker. I typically forget half the stuff I'm supposed to take. WTA, The Mountaineers, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. do a lot of messaging on safety. If a person doesn't get it, they don't get it. Many don't even know about these organizations. After they are rescued, they're still on their own to do as they wish. Many of them did nothing wrong, they just made a mistake, or circumstances thwarted their expertise.

zimmertr