PostFri Jun 23, 2023 12:14 pm 
uww wrote:
I blame bluetooth.
More Viking technology, dammit Harald!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Mountainpines

Mountainpines
PostFri Jun 23, 2023 5:10 pm 
Okay. You really need to set up the account on your laptop. It doesn’t work from the app. The app doesn’t prompt you to enter the IMEI number and it doesn’t ask you for your activation code. The activation process then was so smooth less than a few seconds and done inside my house. I didn’t have to look at the open sky!! So, now I need to learn how to use simple functions. Call Garmin support, well worth it. Don’t read the outdated manual. You might be waiting half an hour for a representative, so factor that in and put it on the speaker phone. I have to say better than apple support!

Mountainpines

Mountainpines
PostFri Jun 23, 2023 5:26 pm 
Another question I have. The only way the other party can get the location or text is when they are connected online. So, if the other party is out of range, they are not able to receive it. So, do you buy another mini connecting it to the same plan? Or a new plan? Double annual fee? Plus a monthly fee when using a freedom plan.

CS

CS
PostFri Jun 23, 2023 5:35 pm 
Mountainpines wrote:
Another question I have. The only way the other party can get the location or text is when they are connected online. So, if the other party is out of range, they are not able to receive it. So, do you buy another mini connecting it to the same plan? Or a new plan? Double annual fee? Plus a monthly fee when using a freedom plan.
Yeah, you'd need two inReach devices and plans. They don't need to be on the same plan. https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=o4sYSXP4LC8KhFNWJEVPI7 See: inReach to inReach Messaging Also they explain the plans here: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=JTrl74Z9fd4igP2SI1QKB8