Forum Index > Food & Grub > Good to Go Foods
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostSat Sep 09, 2023 11:40 pm 
I don't often buy ready made meals like this but on occassion I do have them to just break things up. It looks like you could easily add extra vegies or protein of some sort to fortify it if it was a big day or whatever. Not bad on sodium and saturated fat. The only thing that gives me pause is spice level. Although I love spicy food at home I tend to calm things down in the backcountry. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Sep 12, 2023 12:09 pm 
After trying a few more of their meals I am really starting to dislike the spice level. Tried the Korma and the Pho soup on my last 3 day trip. The Korma was OK, but wouldn't buy it again. As far as the Pho, I really don't know what kind of Pho they serve in the vicinity of the French Culinary Institute in Manhattan, but this was not even remotely close to any Pho soup I've had! Tasted more like a $2 spicy cup of noodles you could buy at the grocery store, actually worse as the spice overpowered the soup, what a huge letdown! Went back to the Thai Curry this weekend and the spice overpowered the wonderful flavors I remembered last time, I ended up putting some cheese in it which helped tone it down, oh well...

RumiDude, sarbar
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message